View Full Version : Virgin Nigeria: Bad Customer Service

UnhappyVirginNigeriaFlier
04-03-2008, 09:32 PM
I have been told by one of the unfriendly, rude and very unhelpful employees -Mr Oyelakin at the Virgin Nigeria check-in counter, the morning of April 1st, 2008 - who was one of the supposed supervisor that I should go ahead and report this case so I have very kindly taken his advice.

I have also been told that nothing would come out of this since we're in Nigeria and Virgin Nigeria doesn’t care enough so I have decided to vent via the internet on www.airlinecomplaints.org (http://www.airlinecomplaints.org/www.airlinecomplaints.org) so that someday, somewhere, something may be done about it.

I am still in shock at the way employees of Virgin Nigeria who interfaced with me on a flight from Lagos to Port Harcourt flight VK91 gave a bad name to customer service and displayed a really bad understanding of the term "service providers"!

Was travelling on official business from Lagos to Aba to return same day. Company travel agent bought ticket 5 days prior to the trip.
I arrive the airport at 7am, checked-in and got my boarding pass and go on to buy the morning paper.
Returned to go through security and looked at my boarding pass only to find flight time as 9am. 9am??? I'm on the 7.40am flight to PH International. There must be some mistake so I head back to the counter where Vivian is who attended to me in the first instance.
To cut the long story short, she promptly tells me that the 7.40 flight was cancelled and I'm the 9am. No courtesy whatsoever and no remorse expressed after I mention that I have to be in Aba for a meeting.
I ask to speak to her supervisor and she tells me she's unable to call her. She then takes me to Oyelakin who I asked to please put me on the PH-NAF base flight, which was yet to take off. He said he couldn’t and that if he had to, I would first need to go to the counter and change my ticket!
For a flight I'm being inconvenienced on and payment was made to Virgin Nigeria anyway? We go back and forth on it until the NAF base flight departs!

How can a flight be rescheduled and there are no signs saying so at the counter?
How can an attendant (Vivian) not mention while checking in to apologize for the inconvienence to customers if they matter?

Obviously because Virgin Nigeria provides a "service" hence intangible, your representatives I encountered that day have no idea what it means to loose a sale or a customer. I work for a company that sells products and we are able to track and understand the value of a lost sale in volumes and in profit!
In all the inconvenience 2 employees managed to display some customer service (Onosu and Ademelun) by hearing me out and acknowledging where things went wrong.

I find the behaviour displayed by the representatives of Virgin Nigeria that morning void of any ounce of customer service and promised myself I needed to document this incident to the management and to take the advice of the “face of VirginNigeria" that morning -Mr Oyelakin / Miss Vivian on behalf of all unhappy customers of Virgin Nigeria!