View Full Version : Delta assigned our seats to someone else + lost our luggage

HollyMax
04-19-2007, 02:10 AM
Hello. I am writing because I would like to make a formal complaint about a few issues with Delta airline service. Considering this flight was one of my family's first flight, we are now very stressed and unhappy. First of all, our baggage was lost, and we are still in the process of trying to recover it. Secondly, our other luggage holders were broken when we picked them up. My main complaint though is on the fact that my four-year-old child had to sit by himself away from my husband and I because Delta felt the need to give our reserved seat tickets away to someone else. I feel that this was unacceptable. Considering the fact that he is only four, what would have happened if an emergency had happened? My son also has asthma and allergies, and if he had an attack, neither my husband nor I would have been able to get his medication to him. I understand that flights were backed up due to bad weather, but I don't feel that stand by customers should get our assigned seats. That isn't fair to us. My husband and I had to run all around the airport with our son because someone had set off a fire at JFK airport and our gate area was blocked, but we did make it to the plane before it took off, as it was being held for a few more minutes. We were not the only ones that probably had our seats given away, as many other people barely made the flight because of the fire incident. I could see a ten or eleven year old sitting alone, but a four year old is just unacceptable to my husband and me. I wasn't even able to see if his seat belt was fastened correctly or to comfort him for one of his first flights. I am sorry to say it, but I don't know if I will ever be flying this airline again due to this horrible experience. It makes a newcomer feel unwelcome and unappreciated.

dragonfire6.delta.com
09-08-2007, 08:36 PM
OH good grief, like that fire was Delta's fault. If you were so concerned about your son then you would have taken the next flight with seats together or asked the flight attendants to try to get people to switch.

scorpio767er
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
HollyMax,

There are a few things that may happen when your seat is changed. There could have been a change of equipment from when you originally booked the flight and what I have also seen happen is if your connecting flight cancels their automated system re-books you on another flight and cancels the plane that you are supposed to be on. When I book my flight and cannot get a seat I will call them everyday until I get one just to make sure I get one.