View Full Version : Numbers for Customer complaints

DeltaNumber
09-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I have been a Loyal Delta Member for over 12 years with Medallion Status.
On Jan 27 Delta had a problem and I missed my connection. Delta returned me home and gave me a full refund. Again on Aug 25 the same thing happened. But on Sept 3rd I missed my connection due to mechanical problems. I was told it was my fault getting on the plane and not making the connection even though my flight did not land until after my connection had already left, so there was no refund. So I have called well over 150 employees at Delta and have left messages and talked to everyone who answers and who I believe may help get me a refund. Many employees agree that the Delta should refund my ticket, but not Mr. C at the Executive Offices. Mr. C had told me to stop calling employees at Delta as they can not help me and sent my information to security for some reason he could not explain. I also have contact Foundations and there employees in which a Delta board of directors sits. Please let me know if you would like any information... found out that many employees have customer lines that go through a switch board, but I have found many direct lines of very helpful and friendly people.

DeltaNumber
09-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Sorry about that.

ChrisH
10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
If you chose not to take your flight, whether you were going to misconnect, or not, it is still on your hands, for not taking the flight, and it showing you as a "no show". In this situation, if you are not going to take the flight, because you will misconnect, you should see an agent at the airport, and ask for a refund, if the ticket is refundable, or have them rebook you for a later date. If you just chose to leave the airport, and not take the flight, it will show you as a "no show" on the flight, cancelling your reservation, at which point, refunds, and rebookings are not allowed without penalty. I am not saying that you did left the airport, but that is the only reason I can think of, that would lead Delta to refuse a refund, or at least, rebooking you, in this situation.

After re-reading your complaint, it appears as though you did take the flight, but once at your connection point, asked for a refund. If you wanted a refund, you should have never taken the first leg of the flight, to the connection point. Once you have taken a leg of the flight, they will not honor a refund, hence the reason they say it was your fault for taking that flight. Once at the connection point, Delta's only obligation, now, was to rebook you on another connection for that day, or the next day. If it was the next day, since it was maintanance, they would be required to provide you with a hotel room, and meal vouchers, etc.