View Full Version : Hard Time Redeeming Miles

biged 310
06-14-2008, 06:14 AM
I have been a loyal customer of both Juniper / Barclays(onyx mastercard card)and Spirit Air Lines (elite member)for many years. I have purchased approx. 15 flights over the last 5 years on the airline. I also pay my credit card in full every month and have never been late with a payment.

I currently have 137,000 mile accumulated. I have never used any miles and would now like to use these miles to take a trip this fourth of July. Spirit now makes you submit a form to redeem their miles instead of just redeeming them when you are buying the tickets.

Their web site says it can take up to 3 days to hear back from them on your requests,but they have not heard from them. They have said they do this so they "may handle all of their customers needs even better in 2008". Its not true,it only makes things harder!!!

Anyway I have put in a request on the web site and I have not heard from Spirit on my request. I have waited 6 days, twice as long as they say, and e-mailed every one in their company that I could and have not heard back about my trip. I tried calling them on the phone and only got a busy signal even though I dialed over 100 times for 2 days. I finally got connected and waited on-hold for 2 hours and 14 minutes and no one ever answered the call. I finally got connected to a customer service rep yesterday after calling 50 times and he said he couldn't assist me, as I only could redeem my miles on-line. I explained my story but he really didn't care. I wasted all that time trying to get in touch with someone on the phone and they did nothing for me.

I also e-mailed the customer service department and the President, Ben Baldanza, but have still not heard from them.

I don't know what else to do. I feel like I am being taken advantage of and being ripped off. That is why I am writing you. Your company partners with Spirit Air and I am sure you don't want any issues with your loyal customers over this. Juniper bank and Barclays Group are OK but Spirit Air is not living up to its obligations. Spirit Air stills sends out promotional e-mails to me and thousands of others everyday. They still advertise the Free Spirit card and advertise their mileage program but are not allowing the customers to use it. Its almost false advertising and fraud.

I don't know what else to do. I have been accumulating these miles for years and finally want to use them and they are not letting me.