View Full Version : Delays, delays and more delays

sweetheartmom
08-25-2008, 01:12 AM
On August 1, 2008 my mother and son traveled on American Airline to visit my husband and I here in Palm Bay FL. They were travelling from Trinidad in the Caribbean. They arrived in Miami without any delays or incidences at 2pm. They were then told that the flight to Orlando had been delayed due to mechanical difficulties. At 5.30pm they were told to board their flight only after half an hour were told to disembark as there was further mechanical difficulty. My mother then checked with the personnel at the airline counter who told her there was a bus waiting to take them to Orlando airport. To make a long story short, they never got to my home until 2 am the following morning. It took my mother several emails and phone calls in order to be reimbursed for the MIA-MCO leg of the trip. Now on their return flight MIA-POS, they were delayed for almost 4 hours. The reason, the flight from Caracas Venezuela was delayed and there was not another flight out. I know the one airline I am never ever going to use is AA. Like most on here, the staff is extremely rude and absolutely unhelpful.

airhead
09-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Please don't be fooled if you believe other airline's aircraft do not have mechanical problems. Your safety is very important and everything is checked over and over so that you and your family are safe.