View Full Version : AA Cancelled our Flights, Their Response: Flight Doesn't Exist

AmericanAirIsFullOfCrap
12-01-2007, 09:23 PM
AA,

I made my reservations well in advance to ensure that our family travel plans were smooth for our post-Thanksgiving family vacation. American Airlines cancelled our flights and put us on another flight that was almost 1/2 a day later. We were suppose to fly out at 11:45 am and right this second still currently waiting at the airport to fly out at 8:30 pm. I can't believe this! The clerk at the desk says the flight doesn't exist. I told her it did when I booked it. She said yes it did and said she cannot do anything for me but put myself and My family on standby. Our family is waiting for us on the other end and due to filled flights we have not been able to get to Washington, DC. We had a wonderful vacation but this experience has left us all bitter about flying American Airlines again. We have several more hours until our next flight and what better but to write a complaint about this horrible experience.

As a Travel Agent I have serious doubts about ever booking with American Airlines again. American Airlines could have contacted us to reroute us to an earlier flight to the next closest airport, but didn't. I think American Airlines should answer for this. I'm inclined to not suggest AA to anymore of my future clients.

At Miami Airport, they act as though this is an everyday occurrence so get over it. Where is the customer service? If this is how AA does business and treats their customers, they will not be getting any more of my business.

Fub the AA Advantage Membership!

rcrdoeva
12-01-2007, 11:40 PM
dumb question, but did you book thru aa.com?

cruisedirector
02-02-2013, 12:58 PM
They did the same thing to us. Cancelled second leg of flight from HON to ORD and the rebooked us with a 12.5 hour layover in LAS. 12 hours in Las Vegas airport or get a room at our own expense, and get home 12 hours later.
There quote was: "We have the right to cancel flights". They do, but then they should do whatever they can to get you to arrive on time.

AADFW
02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Cancelled second leg of flight from HON to ORD

Wow, I didn't realize AA flew from Huron, South Dakota to Chicago. Perhaps you meant Honolulu? Because that airport code would be HNL.

alysha
11-12-2013, 07:49 PM

I personally think they are from Huron or South Dakota but not sure and maybe you correct.

Tiefu
01-05-2014, 04:57 AM
Recently AA really sucks. They acted like a Mafia. One hour ago I was to
check in my flight from Hartford, CT to San Francisco, CA and found out they have just cancelled my connection flight 1585 on 1/6 from Chicago to San Francisco with a short and cold statement "the flight has been cancelled" and simply put me in a flight with 36 hours delay. I am forced to sleep at Chicago for another night with nothing to do there!

However, by checking online, you will find out that flight 1585 on 1/6 has
actually not been cancelled. Obviously AA wanted to sell my seat for
additional profit by possibly 600 bucks or more. However, I will be forced to loss over 800 bucks (i.e. two days unpaid leaves and the board and meals at Chicago, not including the damage of my project delay). This behavior of AA is exactly the one of a Mafia or a gangster who will make one more dollar by even causing two dollars damage to others.

Anyway, what can I do? They are sharks and I am a small fish. I am still
calling AA and have been waiting for "the next available agent" for 60
minutes already. I will plead them to give me some mercy and let me pay
more to get back my seat.

Bully is normal in USA, just accept it and move on.:(