View Full Version : Frequent Flyer Member Association

mkasperzak
04-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Has anyone ever seen anything about banding together as many frequent flyers, or maybe elite level members into an Association or "Customer Union" so that we had a louder voice with our preferred carrier? Sort of the "United (no pun intended) we stand, divided we fall" notion.

Late last year United said they got so much negative feedback to the concept of charging for international meals they backed away from it. It sure seems that we need to find a way to make ourselves heard at WHQ. There are too many forums. I have to believe that we all want to support a quality product, but all the surveys we complete seem to be window dressing.

An thoughts out there?

jimworcs
04-02-2009, 08:04 PM
It's a good idea.. but will take some organising!

mkasperzak
04-02-2009, 08:22 PM
At a minimum, I was thinking of posting on as many airline forums as we could muster a call to action and choose one master forum for some segment of Mileage Plus membership, maybe Premier and up. Or we try our own blog, but there may be several already as well (I'm pretty new at forums and blogs, but am a 2 million mile united customer.) The end goal is get some clout for the customers.

jimworcs
04-02-2009, 09:50 PM
You could establish a consumer type lobby group.. The Airline Users Association, with different levels of membership.

Standard - for anyone interested
Premier - for 1 million mile + frequent flyer
Organisation - for any groups which would wish to affiliate

The are a number of consumer advocacy organisations (you can see a list of the types here). http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0002120.html As a non US citizen, I probably would not be able to be a member, but I think this is sorely needed. Someone needs to take on the airlines and who better than their customers?