View Full Version : Delayed flight

w1w1hardy
12-15-2007, 07:33 PM
We were booked on flight 6163 scheduled to depart Pensacola at 5:55 P.M. on 12/14/07. Upon arrival the flight had already been delayed 20 minutes. There followed several successive delays until the last delay which put the departure at 8:35 P.M. At that point I demanded my money back and was given a credit refund.

We just canceled our trip. This ruined our weekend and caused us to miss our granddaughter's wedding in Fort Lauderdale. This just seems to be typical of the way airlines are treating all customers except for first class and business class.

ChrisH
12-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Why was the flight delayed? If it was weather, the airline has no control over that. The FAA is the one that implements delays, due to ground holds, and ground stops, due to weather. These are usually updated every half an hour, which is why delays start out at 20-30 mins, but then can increase. Passengers need to stop and understand that not everything is within the airline's control. If they gave you a refund, that was proper service. What more could they have done? They cannot operate flights into dangerous weather, when the FAA has grounded flights into, and out of a certain airport(s). These ground stops, and delays, due to weather, do not just apply to airlines. They apply to everybody, including Joe Smoe, in his little private plane.

w1w1hardy
12-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Weather had nothing to do with this particular flight. The only reason that was given for one of the announced delays was that the plane had to return for more fuel. The reservation clerk thought that the plane may have been delayed on the ground for so long that all the fuel was burned up.

This flight, that was originally scheduled to depart at 5:55 P.M. did not leave until after 10:00 P.M. that evening. This was the worst non-weather delay that I have ever heard of.

jimworcs
01-12-2008, 03:30 PM
"This flight, that was originally scheduled to depart at 5:55 P.M. did not leave until after 10:00 P.M. that evening. This was the worst non-weather delay that I have ever heard of"

I am astonished that this is the longest delay you have ever encountered, and you must be a very infrequent flyer. You do not say what the cause of the delay was, but to be frank, this posting is an example of people who will complain whatever happens. The company refunded your money when you ran out patience (in about 3 hours). This seems to me to be a prompt and fair response and I am at a loss as to what else you would have liked them to do. The potential for delays in a complex operation such as flying is enormous, and this forum highlights the sometimes horrific experiences people have had when things go wrong. Your case is pathetic and was handled well, and has no place in this forum. (By the way, someone who is unwilling to be delayed a few hours in order not to miss their grandchild's wedding is miserable and I am shocked that you wouldn't make more of an effort for such an important event). Perhaps you should give up travelling in case it rains.