PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful behaviour

viewhatyai
05-12-2009, 04:12 PM
With displeasure and annoyance we have to inform our friends and sponsors of a damage to the View e. V. (The View Society) caused by American Airlines (http://www.aa.com/).
Until today American Airlines did not bother to send an apology for their disgraceful behaviour, or even refund the outstanding amount of 226 USD, which had to be paid from donation money of the View Society.
Please consider the unbelievable behaving of AmericanAirlines when you book your next flight. Next time it might be you to suffer from the ignorance and sloppy work of American Airlines.
The explaining letter to American Airlines has been attached at our website: http://www.view-ev.de/aa.html

ChrisH
05-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Did you ever stop to think about the fact that there may have been a reason that it took so long to board the aircraft, and that it wasn't due to "unprofessionalism" by the AA employees. Did you ever stop to think about the fact that those employees who were on their cell phones, were using the phone to contact someone about an issue with the flight. I've had to use my personal phone to do just that on more than one occasion. For that matter, the employees on their cell phones may not have been AA employees. Many of the skycaps, and other airport workers, wear similar uniforms to many of the airline employees, some almost identical.

If the flight before, going to the same destination, SFO, was canceled, did you ever stop to think that the weather may have still been playing an issue in SFO, and that is why it took so long to board. The aircraft could have been on a ground delay, and yet the crew still said it was okay to board, but they wouldn't be departing for 1.5 hrs, so, "take your time". I've had that happen on more than one occasion.

I'm not trying to be rude, or discount your complaint, I'm just pointing out that there may have been much, much more to it, than you know, or understand. Passengers almost always have their own perspectives, and make assumptions, without knowing the details as to what is really going on, and why certain things happen as they do.

Leatherboy2006
05-12-2009, 09:38 PM
The View isn't that a trade mark of the Barbara Walters founded show?
Your web site seems like a scam.

viewhatyai
05-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Did you ever stop to think about the fact that there may have been a reason that it took so long to board the aircraft, and that it wasn't due to "unprofessionalism" by the AA employees. Did you ever stop to think about the fact that those employees who were on their cell phones, were using the phone to contact someone about an issue with the flight. I've had to use my personal phone to do just that on more than one occasion. For that matter, the employees on their cell phones may not have been AA employees. Many of the skycaps, and other airport workers, wear similar uniforms to many of the airline employees, some almost identical.

If the flight before, going to the same destination, SFO, was canceled, did you ever stop to think that the weather may have still been playing an issue in SFO, and that is why it took so long to board. The aircraft could have been on a ground delay, and yet the crew still said it was okay to board, but they wouldn't be departing for 1.5 hrs, so, "take your time". I've had that happen on more than one occasion.

I'm not trying to be rude, or discount your complaint, I'm just pointing out that there may have been much, much more to it, than you know, or understand. Passengers almost always have their own perspectives, and make assumptions, without knowing the details as to what is really going
on, and why certain things happen as they do.

Dear ChrisH,

Here are the details: The passengers of said flight were diverted from gate C8to gate D8 (about 20 yards away), where new boarding cards where issued for those, who were primarily booked on the flight before at 0740pm, which was cancelled due to "high winds on the ground". In my opinion, this flight could have started with delay, after the wind had eased, but it looked like they could squeeze all passengers into one plane, and they finally fit in. During the issuing of boarding cards the gate C was deserted, though it could have been used also to issue boarding cards for the remaining passengers. When I boarded the plane at 1007pm (the captain boarded at 0957pm) the sign at the counter of gate D displayed a delay of 10 minutes or 1010pm. There were no activities outside the pane, nor an explanation about a possible technical delay. During the waiting in my seat, I kept in touch by mobile phone with one of the passengers at gate D, who was on standby and finally received a boarding card too. I was informed, that the AA employees did not give a hoot about speeding up the process, knowing, that for most passengers SFO would be the final port of call, though there were complaints of other passengers about the snail pace at the gate. Referring to the "....may not have been AA employees." I can assure you that they were AA employees and easily recognized as such by looking at their badge. Lets put it together:

1. The first cancelled flight could have taken of after the winds eased, and in this case, the boarding of the second flight, as well as the take off would have been on time. I do not mind saving a flight, when you can squeeze all passengers into one plane, but those passengers sufferd a massive delay already. But not a single action was taken to ensure that the 1000pm flight is on time.

2. The AA-terminals at gate C8 were not being used to issue boarding cards, which could have cut the delay by half, thus enabling the passengers with a connecting flight, to make it to their flights at SFO in time. The next flight from gate C8 was scheduled at 1155pm to Portland, and it was not even clear if it would take off.

3. As you know the proceedings at a gate, you have to admit, that a boarding time more than 1 1/2 hour for an MD 80(!) is ridiculous, and could have been avoided easily.

4. The Minimum I do expect, when I write a certified letter to Mr. Thomas Del Valle, who is the Senior Vice President of the Airport Services at AA, is an answer, an explanation, or whatever. It could have been done by email, or even by phone. But ther was no response whatsoever. That is an explicit sign for an airline, which does not value the customer, but only their portemonnaie, even when they take it out of a charity fund. But thank you ChrisH for your interest in this matter.

Best regards.

Waltere Breymann

PS: The View-Society - View e.V. is a charitable organization and recognized as such by the German government. Donations are tax deductable. Donators can view the complete accounting online. They know where their money is being spent. You cannot find that at i.e. at UNICEF.

viewhatyai
05-13-2009, 07:01 AM
The View isn't that a trade mark of the Barbara Walters founded show?
Your web site seems like a scam.

The View-Society - View e.V. is a charitable organization and recognized as such by the German government. Donations are tax deductable. Donators can view the complete accounting online. They know where their money is being spent. You cannot find that at i.e. at UNICEF.

Here you can find the appropriate document.

http://www.view-ev.de/docs/bescheinigung.pdf

Best regards

Walter Breymann

PS: I hoe you have someone to translate it for you!

PHXFlyer
05-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Here is a list of your "expenses" from your website:

Invoice
Westin SFO

$94,56

Taxi Bkk (R/T)
600,00 THB
$16,96

Highway fees BKK (R/T)
140,00 THB
$3,96

Airport fee, BKK airport
50,00 THB
$1,41
Receipt
Bankok City Suite
850,00 THB
$24,03
Invoice
Flug BK Hat Yai
3.026,65 THB
$85,57

$226,50

It's no wonder AA didn't reply to your ridiculous demands. All but the Westin in SFO were expenses that your would have incurred at your destination anyway. The most you should have requested was the night at the Westin SFO however even that could be refused given the circumstances (weather) of the cancellation. As to the "slow boarding" of the aircraft - did it ever occur to you that the high winds that canceled your departure also created arrival delays? Was AA possibly holding the last flight of the evening to SFO to wait for connecting passengers? You are obviously a selfish person despite being involved in a non-profit humanitarian organization. SHAME ON YOU!!!

viewhatyai
05-15-2009, 04:54 AM
Here is a list of your "expenses" from your website:

It's no wonder AA didn't reply to your ridiculous demands. All but the Westin in SFO were expenses that your would have incurred at your destination anyway. The most you should have requested was the night at the Westin SFO however even that could be refused given the circumstances (weather) of the cancellation. As to the "slow boarding" of the aircraft - did it ever occur to you that the high winds that canceled your departure also created arrival delays? Was AA possibly holding the last flight of the evening to SFO to wait for connecting passengers? You are obviously a selfish person despite being involved in a non-profit humanitarian organization. SHAME ON YOU!!!

1. I lost my connecting flight to Bangkok in the same night, therefore my connecting flight to Hat Yai was gone too. It was a cheap Air Asia flight and not refundable.

2. The only flights to BKK I was offfered, was a flight at around noon, which made it impossible, to get a connecting flight to Hat Yai the same day. Therfore I had to stay in a hotel in BKK. You must admit, the chosen hotel was not one of the expensive ones.

3. The previous flight at 1940 was cancelled due to the weather conditions, not the one at 2200. But surely the earlier flight could have been declared "delayed" instead of "cancelled" and flown when the winds had eased, which would have avoided the queing of passengers at the gate for the 2200 flight.

4. American Airlines did not undertake any efforts to hold off the connecting flight. During the waiting on the plane I was assured, that "we" make it in time, for my connecting flight. This assurance was given to me by the captain of the 1940 flight, who was sitting right in front of me. In SFO I speeded towards the boarding site just to learn, that the security gate was already closed for the night. That was at 0115, exactly the time the connecting flight was due to take off. Nobody of the airline staff of the connecting flight could be reached by the SFO interminal telephone (*1165).

5. I am obliged to travel in the most inexpensive ways, and I am so selfish, that I did not even invoiced any refreshment or food, which I consumed during the delay.

5. As I am aware already, that some Americans are impolite or even rude, you don't have to show me that behaviour too.

6. If you are interested in seeing material, like boarding cards, reservations with Air Asia and such, you might provide me with your email address, I will then send you all the scans, as I do not know how many MBs I can send through this channel as attachments.

Leatherboy2006
05-15-2009, 06:21 AM
The View-Society - View e.V. is a charitable organization and recognized as such by the German government. Donations are tax deductable. Donators can view the complete accounting online. They know where their money is being spent. You cannot find that at i.e. at UNICEF.

Here you can find the appropriate document.

http://www.view-ev.de/docs/bescheinigung.pdf

Best regards

Walter Breymann

PS: I hoe you have someone to translate it for you!

Yes I do have someone to translate it, my relatives in Austria and Germany, it is being sent to them.

Leatherboy2006
05-15-2009, 06:24 AM
Passengers were now told to proceed and walk the 60 feet to gate D8 as the plane was supposed to taxi there. Gate C8 was now deserted

Living in Dallas and having to fly out of DFW all the time, there is no way gate D8 is 60 feet from C8 they are in different terminals. The D terminal being the newest at DFW and the C being an older one.

viewhatyai
05-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Passengers were now told to proceed and walk the 60 feet to gate D8 as the plane was supposed to taxi there. Gate C8 was now deserted

Living in Dallas and having to fly out of DFW all the time, there is no way gate D8 is 60 feet from C8 they are in different terminals. The D terminal being the newest at DFW and the C being an older one.

I must admit, I confused those gates. It must have been C7 to C8 and not D.
Sorry!

Leatherboy2006
05-15-2009, 11:47 PM
no worries :)