View Full Version : Liars and Cheats

rwkhk
07-16-2009, 09:03 PM
American Airlines has lost touch with reality. They treat their customers like crap, and I would rather walk than fly their sorry airline. This page will outline my outrage with their customer service.

On July 12th I had a scheduled flight with a confirmed seat flying Philadelphia to Dallas. On the day of my flight, just hours before flight time, I was denied access to check in on line. When I called to find out why, I was told my flight had been cancelled due to weather, no other information was given.

THE SUN WAS SHINING BOTH IN DALLAS AND PHILADELPHIA, THIS WAS LIES!!!!!!!!!!! IN ADDITION, THEY WERE NOT GOING TO RESCHEDULE MY FLIGHT FOR 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!

After this discovery, I called back, it took over an hour, and was denied any kind of compensation, but finally got to through a supervisor who could get me on a flight at 7:45 PM, out of Newark, 2 hours drive from Philadelphia. This was 5 hours later than my original flight. I was still given the weather lie, even though the weather was beautiful in both locations.

Upon arrival in Newark, I was offered a first class upgrade for an additional $90. Even though this should have been comped for my dilemma, since they already screwed me out of the $300 I should have received for the flight cancellation, I agreed and paid the 90 bucks.

It gets better.

AFTER PAYING THE MONEY THEY DENIED ME FIRST CLASS. AS A FURTHER SLAP IN THE FACE, THEY REFUSE TO REFUND THE 90 BUCKS. NOW I AM ******.

After the flight from hell and getting home after midnight, I returned to Newark and had a shortened trip home due to their lies and incompetence. I made several phone calls to American Airlines, with no success. I have since emailed and faxed numerous letters to AA, and talked to several supervisors. They do not care, and are totally committed to screwing me out of everything. They will not refund my money, and state the only way to use the upgrade is to purchase a full fare ticket. They are heartless and their customer service is deplorable.

I told them I was going to create this website, make T-shirts, put a sign in my yard, and put signs on my truck, they do not care. So, here we go.

We will continue to add pages to this site, and add photos of the truck, the sign in the yard, and the T-shirts. In addition, I will never soil myself by stepping on another one of their planes. EVER. Every flight I make, I will send them a copy of the receipt, along with all of the correspondence, and tell them they lost yet another ticket.

I will proudly wear my AA SUCKS T-shirts on the competition's flights. I started a website, aablows.com.

Corbel
07-16-2009, 11:01 PM
just because the weather was nice in philly and dallas does not mean the weather was nice where the plane was coming from first. i would continue to fight (if its worth it for you) for the $90, but i find making the tshirts and all that kind of childish imo.

PHXFlyer
07-17-2009, 10:23 AM
There's a guy who protests American Airlines with a bull-horn at the corner of 40th and Park Ave. in New York city. You can read about him here (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/969293-aa-protester-manhattan.html). Will you be joining him wearing your t-shirt and signs? Let me know so the next time I'm in NYC I can stop by and say "Hi!"

oh my
07-20-2009, 02:08 AM
IF the weather is the true reason for the cancellation, you are due no compensation for the cancellation. AA's responsibility is to get you from purchased point A to purchased point B. That is what they did. The fact that it is later than planned is disappointing, but unfortunately, there are no guarantees. The flight schedule is a guideline that they try their best to follow. It is not set in stone.

As far as the $90 for the upgrade, I don't understand what happened. Why did they deny you? Usually when you pay the fee, you are given a seat assignment. I know some places let you standby for a paid first class upgrade. When they put you on the list for first, they swipe the card. If you clear the list, the card then gets charged. If you don't clear, there is no charge to the card.

As far as being hartless, and screwing you out of everything, you lost $90 at best. If $90 is everything to you, you probably shouldn't be spending money on retaliation. In reality, you're only legitimate beef is with the $90 you didn't get refunded. I'm sure you've spent more than that in your quest. Maybe you should just call it even?

Allraj
08-01-2009, 01:43 AM

Do you work for the airline? The guy was made to pay extra when they did not supply a product. The product is written on the boarding pass: A flight from pt A to pt B on the dates indicated. Not whenever it is convenient. Don't do business if you can't conduct business.

If you are siding with the airlines with this issue, you are lacking in common sense and judgment.

PHXFlyer
08-01-2009, 12:17 PM

Did you bother to read the entire thread. He was transported to his destination. The fact that he was offered a departure from Newark rather than Philadelphia is irrelevant since he accepted that offer. Once accepted the contract between him and the airline was modified. He could have refused the offer of the re-booking from Newark and stuck it out in Philadelphia if he wanted to. He chose not to do that. The airline didn't put a gun to his head and say it's Newark or nothing!

Now it does sound like the "upgrade" got botched (personally I've never heard of a $90 upgrade, but whatever) however as an elite status flier on two airlines I've had upgrades get screwed up as well. Once I was bumped from first class by a Federal Air Marshall. What was I going to do about that? Unlike airline employees (thank goodness in some cases) they ARE armed! :D Anyway, my point is he paid for a ticket and an upgrade. The upgrade didn't happen so he still flew on his original coach class ticket and is due a refund of the upgrade. That's all, nothing more. The only way to guarantee a seat in first class is to pay the first class fare. Upgrades are never 100% guaranteed.

Eagleguy
08-01-2009, 11:24 PM
On the day of departure if a first class cabin is really empty the self service kiosks will offer upgrades for $45 up to $150 roughly. That should have confirmed him in first class and given him a seat assignment. Another type of upgrade would be a miles based one. $35 dollars for every 500 miles, but that only puts enough miles into your account to standby for an upgrade.

Either way, both of those are really easy to refund. Just look in the record, see that he wasn't boarded in first class, then refund the transaction. Sorry for your loss.

Eagleguy
08-01-2009, 11:26 PM
BTW, the OP says he should have been comped first class for his dilemma. What happens when a flight cancels and we fill the first class cabin with people who purchased coach seats, where do we put the people who actually purchased a first class ticket? Do we reverse it and put them in coach?