View Full Version : A-List Issues!

TaxmanCPA
11-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I became an A-List member last month. Last week, I had a flight from Chicago to Houston. I booked the flight in July. In addition, I had my account number posted.

A-List members are reserved a boarding pass 36 hours in advance. Cool, I don't have to worry about the 24 hour race to get the boarding pass. Well, it didn't happen for me! As I printed my boarding pass at the airport, out came B-15. What the hell!

I went to the counter to inquire. They said that A-List does not guarantee an A boarding pass. I said I understood and then said, so basically, I am the last person in line and everyone before me is an A-List member!

Uh oh, knocked down that issue.

The gate help then said that I did not have my id number in the system prior to the 36 hour reservation. I showed them my boarding pass that had the number and that the reservations were made in July!

They had nothing to say then. The only thing they could figure out was that I booked my flight prior to becoming an A-List member! Fantastic! You are telling me that SWA software is not sophicated enough to address this issue!

I emailed SWA, got their standard reply. Then a few days later, I received their standard template that we will address your issue with 45 days! Cool, everything will be absolute irrevelent by then!

So what is the point of being an A-Lister when you truly cannot take advantage of the privledges offered?

Why I am speding my companies travel dollars here when I could be more appreciated at other airlines!?

Butch Cassidy Slept Here
11-02-2009, 09:57 PM
So you're going to take your business to either Continental, United or American (the other airlines flying Chicago - Houston?) To go from Southwest, to one of these airlines, is a step BACKWARDS. Had you posed the same questions to United or American airport staff they probably would have answered you with a call to the airport police. Because that's the only thing the latter knows how to do!

I'm not saying what Southwest did was right. On the other hand is that program worth the aggravation you're getting? Wouldn't just paying Southwest's "Business Select" fares be a lot less hassle?

In the USA it's Southwest, Frontier & Midwest (same owner,) Alaska, and Virgin America (for as long as they can stay alive!) and, yes folks, Amtrak. There's a lot to be desired in this group, but it's as good as it gets.

Silent Bob
11-03-2009, 05:44 AM
To the OP - your taking things in the right direction, you recognized the problem, went down the line to resolve it, then wrote a letter. You earned your A-list rank, just as i earned my platinum status and i'd be upset too if i put in my valid account and a plain boarding pass came out. I would wait for the reply and true its a long wait, its usually worth it as you can recieve additional miles and travel vouchers (and if you travel as frequently as myself, then they come in handy when you need em). hopefully SW will use this as a learning experience and resolve this matter so it doesn't repeat.