View Full Version : Delayed Flight DFW

Auttis50
04-24-2007, 03:30 PM
On April 13th I was to fly out on flight 1572 at 8:30 p.m. this flight was delayed unti 9:15 p.m. then delayed again until 11:15 pm and then again until 1:42 p.m. and then when half boarded the flight was cancelled. I was able to get out the next morning on a flight that was to leave at 6:55 a.m. but was delayed until 7:30 a.m. There were people on standby for the next flight at 12:10 on Saturday.

My luggage and medications were checked and being a heart patient I was quite concerned about the delays. When the last flight was delayed it was too late to get a hotel and there were not enough cots or blankets available for the number of people stranded in the airport. I was at the airport for 16.5 hours before able to depart.

On my return flight I paid to get an earlier flight of 2 hours but due to delays I did not get out of florida until 5:25 p.m. which was only 30 minutes earlier than my original flight. I have not been a passenger for quite a while and was very disappointed and surprised at the service provided by AA. Not much assistance or advice given on what to do or who to contact to assist the customers.. We were left with little concern about our situation.

I felt there should have been some compensations given since we were delaye so long a period and shuffled from gate to gate for so many hours.
Again, in the past I have always made it a point to fly AA because of the great customer service but I was shocked at how poorly the customer service was and how disorganized everything was when I flew this time. I will most likely fly AA again when I fly and give AA the opportunity to prove this was an isolated situation.. However, reading the other comments from passengers I would think AA needs to re-evualate how they are treating their passengers and improve how their customer's perception of AA.

OPNLguy
04-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Sorry to rain on your parade here (literally), but what you neglect to mention is that on the day in question (April 13th), DFW was hit by a major thunderstorm system, one that also ended up dropping large hail and 4 tornadoes throughout the area. Numerous flights diverted, and those that were not were delayed by ATC until the weather could pass. The trickledown effects (and ones changing minute-to-minute) were that some crews "timed out" and flights were cancelled.

As far as your being a heart patient and having your meds in your checked baggage, I can empathize, as I'm a diabetic. That said, I never, repeat, NEVER keep my meds in my checked baggage, as you're just asking for Murphy's Law to rear its ugly head. My meds ALWAYS stay with me in my briefcase along with my laptop. It's not only common sense to keep them with you, but the airlines -tell- you not to put that kind of thing in your checked baggage.