PDA

View Full Version : out dated and out of country

blujbckr3162
01-18-2010, 08:22 PM
In march of 2008 I took my family to Cozumel, Mexico for two weeks. as we waited to board our flight back to the US we were informed that our flight was canceled. They took all of the passengers from that flight (roughly 200) to one hotel in downtown. It turned out that the hotel had 5 rooms for the nearly 200 people. next hotel had 3 and so on. I made the decision to return to the resort that we had stayed at for 2 weeks. now I have a email from AAirlines stating that they will reimburse me for my expense if I provide them a copy of my credit card invoice. I have provided them with the copy of the recpt that the CC company sent me to no avail. they do not respond to my subsequent email request for contact from anyone. where do I go from here?:(

mars6423
01-18-2010, 09:20 PM
i would send an email to their president/ceo stating that you haven't heard anything back from them and that you provided them with everything that was asked and was told that you would be reimburst and that you would like to hear from someone and know what they are doing to resolve this matter nad why it is taking so long

i know that there are a few frequent posters here that may have their contact info (i think jimworks but not 100% sure if he has it for AA)

i dont think the DOT (department of transport) could help or do anything in that situation

you can also say and/or take them to small claims court (given that it was nearlyish 2years ago i am not 100% sure of statute of limitations on time but its a way