View Full Version : Delayed Flight to Dallas caused missed flight to JAX

spacygal
06-02-2010, 02:03 AM
On May 20th my flgiht from DEN was delayed due to weather. We were assured our connecting flight was also delayed. After the skywalk would not connect, unloading of luggage and loading of luggage we were an additional 45 min late leaving besides the 1 hr delay. Landed in Dallas and told if we ran, they might hold the plane to JAX. Ran and reached the gate at 7:05, the time the plane was supposed to leave. It was already on the runway. Told they knew we were coming, but would not hold the plane. Booked on the next flight, May 21st. Spent the night in the airport.

Told had to contact customer relations through email. No phone calls. My husband and I were out 2 additional meals, one additional day parking, two days of work, and I had to use one additional day of vacation time.

Emailed the customer relations and told that it was weather related and there was no compensation.

Will not fly American Airlines again. I felt they had the weather card and used it. All they had to do was hold the plane for 5 more minutes. It left the gate early and was 1 hr late leaving already.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The_Judge
06-02-2010, 04:03 AM
The people that "assured" you your connecting fight was delayed and the other wonderful people that told you that if you run they might hold the plane are talking out of their rear-ends.

The first person was just trying to appease you and passed the buck onto the final agent. The second person in Dallas telling you to run is worse. How would the powers that be know you are running? And even if you are running, days of planes being held for just a few people are gone. Of course they know you're coming, cuz they have the names of those that have seats that haven't boarded. But unless that is a significant number of people, these monopolies called airlines will not help you.

I am curious though, you were an extra day late arriving home but why would you be out 2 days of work AND have to use an extra vacation day. That, to me, is 3 days when you were only late 1 day.

Also, the meals are a moot point. You would have eaten anyway whether it be at home or not. I understand it would have been cheaper at home but airlines don't.

spacygal
06-02-2010, 12:34 PM
My husband and I both missed a day of work. I had to use a vacation day since I missed the day of work. Maybe I worded that incorrectly. Yes, I had to eat, but eating at the airport is more of a cost than eating at home.