View Full Version : Southwest: unfair practice

sanjay
07-19-2010, 07:51 AM
Today I came by SW 473 flight from Philadelphia to Oakland. This one two stop flight with no aircraft change (At-least this is what website says). Flight started on time and reached to Phoenix on time ( it was 25 min early). Flight crew announced that we are early and that the people who are going to LA/OAK should remain in the aircraft. Within couple of minutes they announced that please leave the aircraft you will get a new aircraft on same terminal. Your flight is delayed by one + hour. Our flight was given to some other passengers as their flight did not arrive. I felt that it is very unfair from southwest management part. If there is some issue with the flight weather or something unavoidable, i can understand, but this was just a Hippocratic behavior from Southwest management.

jimworcs
07-19-2010, 09:53 AM
I don't really see any hypocrisy (which is what I think you meant). To be honest, I don't think this sounds like such an unreasonable solution and in the grand scheme of things, this is a relatively trivial complaint. Unusually for me, I am inclined the think you are being a big harsh on the airline.

sanjay
07-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Flight that was given to us could have been given to other passenger too. What is the funda here if one flight is delayed, delay everybody.

jimworcs
07-19-2010, 10:33 PM
I think air Ops is quite complicated. They have to consider which equipment is where, who can fly it and the minimum disruption to the least number of people. I think you are being harsh, but it is frustrating I know when your plans are disrupted.

pilot2fly
09-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Are you seriously complaining about this? Are these boards even moderated? I've had to do this many times with US Airways when I was told we would stay on the same airplane. It's no skin off your back to walk a few feet to a new gate. Air ops change all the time and companies have to sometimes change things around.