View Full Version : Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Southwest: unfair practice

sanjay
Jul 19, 2010, 7:51 AM
Today I came by SW 473 flight from Philadelphia to Oakland. This one two stop flight with no aircraft change (At-least this is what website says). Flight started on time and reached to Phoenix on time ( it was 25 min early). Flight crew announced that we are early and that the people who are going to LA/OAK should remain in the aircraft. Within couple of minutes they announced that please leave the aircraft you will get a new aircraft on same terminal. Your flight is delayed by one + hour. Our flight was given to some other passengers as their flight did not arrive. I felt that it is very unfair from southwest management part. If there is some issue with the flight weather or something unavoidable, i can understand, but this was just a Hippocratic behavior from Southwest management.

jimworcs
Jul 19, 2010, 9:53 AM
I don't really see any hypocrisy (which is what I think you meant). To be honest, I don't think this sounds like such an unreasonable solution and in the grand scheme of things, this is a relatively trivial complaint. Unusually for me, I am inclined the think you are being a big harsh on the airline.

sanjay
Jul 19, 2010, 3:12 PM
Flight that was given to us could have been given to other passenger too. What is the funda here if one flight is delayed, delay everybody.

jimworcs
Jul 19, 2010, 10:33 PM
I think air Ops is quite complicated. They have to consider which equipment is where, who can fly it and the minimum disruption to the least number of people. I think you are being harsh, but it is frustrating I know when your plans are disrupted.

pilot2fly
Sep 16, 2010, 4:45 PM
Are you seriously complaining about this? Are these boards even moderated? I've had to do this many times with US Airways when I was told we would stay on the same airplane. It's no skin off your back to walk a few feet to a new gate. Air ops change all the time and companies have to sometimes change things around.