View Full Version : Name Change Denied

07-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Why can us airways refuse to do a name change on flights i have booked for my long awaited holiday is there any way they can do this?? so upset been crying all day now i cant go because there refuse

Ombudsman
07-15-2011, 07:35 PM
The ticket is in another person's name and you can't go because US airways won't change it to your name? Why wasn't the ticket issued in your name to begin with? If your name has legally changed since you purchased the ticket you can still travel by bringing the documentation for the name change such as the marriage certificate or divorce decree. Is this an international trip or domestic within the US?

More details needed please.

07-15-2011, 10:04 PM
I would rally apprecitae your help in anyway as I've looked forward to this holiday for so long that this problem I have is making me feel so ill please can you reply to me last message asap so that I can have some hope that there is a way for help to do this

07-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Oh it doesn't look aso my last message to you got sent ill run threw it again I live in the uk and booked a holiday to menphis and vegas I booked it for myself my husband and daughter my husband can no longer go due to unforceen circumstances I have asked my agent to name change there fine about it but when they asked goldmedal agents they said us airlines rufused to change the name to my daughers carer as my daughter has special needs I can't deal with alone Hense trying to get her carer in place of beths dad (his has been a holiday I've saved very hard for 4 yrs and its turning out to be a nightmare giving me sleepless night s of worry . I can't possibly travel alone and I can't get my money all back were supposed to be going 25th august this year

jimworcs
07-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Write to US AIrways outlining your daughters disability needs and her need for a carer. Specify that you are requesting the airline make this accommodation asa result of your daughters disability. I am n sure the DDA applies in these circumstances, but you may get a more sympathetic hearing.

07-17-2011, 10:27 AM
thank you for your reply jim I have sent an e mail but im not sure if its going to get sorted in time to go on the 25th august? and im not sure if i sent it to the right place us aviation? i contacted my agent again and what they have said is its all the airlines klm and us airlines there schedualed flights what ever that means??
do you no were i should be putting these complaints into so that i can hopefully be able to get them to change there minds im terrified going alone...:mad:

Ombudsman
07-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Primary contact
John Romantic
Director, customer relations
4000 E. Sky Harbor Boulevard
Phoenix, AZ 85034

[email protected] ([email protected])

jimworcs
07-18-2011, 11:33 AM
One other thing, in your request be polite. You are not entitled to a name change, it will be at the discretion of the airline. If you are aggressive, you might damage your chances.