View Full Version : Veteran traveller quits Delta.

Rosco
08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
I am a frequent flyer with medallion status on Delta, Elite status on AirTran and Summit status on Frontier. I also occasionally fly American, Southwest and a few others based on my needs. Delta should be my airline of choice as they offer multiple daily flights from a regional airport that is 12 miles from my house. This allows me to be at the airport within 15 minutes without the Atlanta traffic, Atlanta Airport security and Atlanta baggage claim.

Delta continues to drop the ball for me so frequently that I have recently given up on them. On a recent multi-city trip that included 7 take-offs, I was involved in 3 delays that caused me to miss two meetings as well as arriving at my first destination at 2 AM. I was, of course, late arriving back in Atlanta for my short jump to the Regional Airport. Delta re-booked me for the following afternoon. A hotel voucher and meal voucher for the night instead of a 1 1/2 hour shuttle ride. They did pay for the shuttle when I complained but there comes a point when customer service cannot override poor planning and execution.

With the impending merger of Southwest and Airtran I don't see myself using Delta unless I have no choice. The convenience of using the local airport should make it a slam dunk but it is not worth the hassle of consistent poor service.

This was just the latest fiasco that I experienced with Delta and while none of the airlines is perfect, Delta has consistently proven to me that they are near the bottom in the industry.