PDA

View Full Version : Delayed baggage for 4 days

Neels79
12-05-2011, 07:18 PM
We were flying continental airlines from newark airport to Charlotte North Carolina and our bag was gate checked in at newark airport. When we arrived at Charlotte airport we were told that our bag was not there and that it was left behind in newark. We filed a complaint with the continental baggage claim department at Charlotte airport who advised that they will look for the bag in the newark airport and send it to us by the next available flight.
It is the fifth day and it has been four days however continental airline was not able to send us the bag to Charlotte despite having found the bag in newark.
Despite speaking with multiple agents on their help desk number of times they were unable to pass on the correct message to the Newark airport.
Finally we advised them to hold the bag at newark airport as we were already heading back from Charlotte home to newark. Despite this continental sent the bag to Charlotte on our last day when we were already heading back to newark.
I still don't know when I will get to see my bag again! Poor customer service, lack of internal communication, disconnected operations and overall an extremely poor airline experience with continental. We spent over 600 dollars to buy the things we needed for the wedding we had to attend, however that did not cover all the things we needed nor the inconvenience we were put through. We are going to take this up with continental to understand how they can compensate us and what action they can take to make us trust them enough to fly continental again.

azstar
12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Don't let them tell you their liability is limited to $25.00 per day, because it isn't. The federal law changed about a year ago preventing airlines from limiting the amount they are required to pay when a bag is delayed. They must cover all "reasonable" expenses. Since you were attending a wedding and your bag never did arrive they will be required to cover everything you needed for your entire stay.

jimworcs
12-05-2011, 10:45 PM
If they don't cooperate, file in small claims!

Neels79
12-06-2011, 04:27 PM
We finally got our bag yesterday.
Thanks for the advise on how to take up the claims.

jimworcs
12-06-2011, 08:42 PM
That is great....don't forget to claim for any additional expenses incurred as a result of the delay.