AirlineComplaints.org

AirlineComplaints.org (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/index.php)
-   Royal Air Maroc Complaints (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Royal Air MAROC - NO Response for missing luggage (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/showthread.php?t=2198)

Denise Aug 7, 2008 5:14 PM

Royal Air MAROC - NO Response for missing luggage

I left Accra Ghana on July 12, 2008 via Royal Air Maroc on flight AT516. The flight was four hours late. The Royal Air Maroc person in Accra knowing I and another passenger bound for New York would miss our fconnecting light, took us to the Delta counter where we were refused boarding as they were overbooked. We went back to the Air Maroc flight and when we arrived in Casablanca we had missed our flight and had to demand hotel lodgings which only I got. Upon arrival on flght at200 my baggage along with with about eight others from various African countries did not arrive. I was given a claim ticket and number and assured that I would have my baggage within a week from the Air Maroc claims person. I was not given anything
for essential items or clothing. I have been with only the clothes on my back and have had to buy over $400.00 worth of clothing for my trip to care for my ailing dad. After three weeks I called the NY offices and was referred to a Ms.Caruso who promptly told me she could not help me and
referred me back to the 718 number which I have never had a response.
Aug 7, 2008

dukulainen Mar 3, 2012 12:23 PM

Royal Air Maroc is a horrible company!

I am Romanian married with a girl from Morocco and we are living in Cyprus.
My wife wanted to buy a ticket with Royal Air Maroc from Milan to Casablanca. We put all the information on the official website and when we wanted to pay, we had a problem. The transaction was declined by Royal Air Maroc. We tried 3 times to make the transaction (writing all the passenger details all over again) but it was the same problem (with her card or my card).
I decided to call the customer service in Morocco to find out what's the problem. The lady who answered told me they don't accept credit cards from Cyprus and she told me I need an European credit card (even though Cyprus is a member of European Union since 2004).
If we are living in Cyprus for many years, how would we have a credit card from another country? The lady was rude and didn't want to help in any way. I asked for her supervisor but she refused to connect me with anyone else. She kept telling me the system doesn't accept cards from Cyprus.
I asked her why is this not specified anywhere on the website, so we will avoid wasting our time but again, she answered rude suggesting I should buy the ticket from a travel agency and not from internet. I got very angry and I raised my tone as well, just like she did. In the end, I let it go. So, in the 21st century, if you live in Cyprus it's forbidden to go to Morocco using Royal Air Maroc. After this, I found a ticket with Air Arabia, a bit cheaper.
We were very disappointed and for sure we will never attempt to travel with this company. It was a horrible experience.