Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > U.S. Airline Complaints > Continental Airlines Complaints > Complaints > Baggage Problems

Baggage Problems Had any problems with your baggage on Continental Airlines?

Free Dating Site

Old 07-31-2010, 04:46 PM
sundays sundays is offline

Join Date: Jul 2010
Default Delayed baggage - low compensation

I would like to inform you of the trials and tribulations my wife I endured on June 27 and the following 48 hours. We arrived at EWR on CO29 from LHR. Unfortunately our two bags, with all our clothes, toiletries, and necessary prescription medicines(my wife is being treated for cancer and I am taking medication after a heart attack), did not arrive on our flight(connecting in London from Paris. We filed a delayed baggage claim immediately. The Continental agent told us she could get us our bags by the evening but that she preferred to give herself 24 hours as she was leaving soon. We dared not protest. The following afternoon(I do not remember the precise time of the phone conversations)we were told that our bags had arrived on BA185 and were already clearing customs, and would be delivered to us in the evening.I was told to call back later for an update. I got an agent named Scott, who was the rudest person I have ever talked to at Continental; a realdisgrace to your company. I called back a few minutes later to speak to someone else, and was told that our bags hadn't been located and were not at Customs, and "Who told you that they were?" In addition he said that since we were staying with family9I'd explained that we were using a cousin's apt., but thatno family was present)we shouldn't have to worry about essentials. You can imagine how my wife and I felt. One agent, Dina, was fantastic, and I think it was she who had resolved the problem after 48 hours. Continental offered us two $50 certificates which I think do not represent the situation we experienced.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:52 PM

You are entitled to cash compensation for expenditure. Send your receipts and a letter (keep a copy of your receipts) and make a demand for payment. Copy the letter to the DOT.

The law requires them to refund the reasonable and necessary costs associated with the late delivery of baggage. That would include a change of clothing, toiletries and any medications for example.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:58 PM
investigativeguy investigativeguy is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Delayed Bag Compensation

Investigativeguy here ...What makes me angry is that Continental refuses to inform passengers that the law requires them to compensate customers for essesntials while they wait for delayed bags. I went undercover in baggage offices in Calif and not a one posts that the law allows you up to $3300 for damages ie essesntials.Continental told me I had to call an 800 number.No the law is the law and they know it but don't want you to know your rights? Why does Continental hide this from consumers? I went and handed the law to baggage reps.They threw it away
You tell me if when your bags were delayed they told you to buy ALL that you need to get by? Or did they suggest a cap of $25 a day . PS on international legs the law is very weak so be warned.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
British Airways: Baggage lost for 21 days, still no compensation Shaddow Baggage Problems 2 03-09-2014 07:40 PM
Delayed Baggage rosieyan Baggage Problems 5 01-28-2011 11:28 PM
No compensation for delayed flight vaustein Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 0 09-23-2007 04:35 AM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors