Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > International Airline Complaints > Lufthansa Complaints > Miles & More Complaints

Miles & More Complaints Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Free Dating Site

Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 AM
flyhi152 flyhi152 is offline

Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Star Alliance "Partners" don't communicate with each other ?

In November 2008 I used Singapore Airlines because I thought that I would be able to use my Miles and More miles in order to upgrade the flight. (A flight with a Non-Star Alliance Partner would have been shorter and cheaper but I did not want my miles to expire and was looking for a way how to use them) Lufthansa's website (the "award table / upgrades") showed clearly that a Singapore Airlines flight could be upgraded using the Miles and More account.

The only exception (explained under **) was: " ** Singapore Airlines: We regret that at present upgrades are not possible on flights operated with the Boeing 777-300ER and Airbus 380."

None of my 6 flight segments was on either one of these kind of planes.

After having made the reservation I called Miles and More and asked them to use my miles to upgrade any of the 6 segments of my trip. After I was put on hold for a while the answer was "the upgrade does not go through for any segment."

I called Singapore Airlines because I wanted to find out what the problem was and they advised me that Miles and More members are not eligible at all for upgrades. Singapore Airlines confirmed this in writing (Ref.: 0810006067/CR/CQ - 18. November 2008) Their system would not allow a Star Alliance partner to upgrade a seat.

"Passengers are able to use their Lufthansa miles to make a booking for Singapore Airlines flight, provided the booking is done with Lufthansa Airlines. However, passengers would not be able to do a redemption upgrade for their Singapore Airlines flight with their Lufthansa miles, if the booking was done with Singapore Airlines."

This information was contradictory to what Miles and More showed on their upgrade table and I forwarded a copy to Miles and More - they insisted that a flight booked directly with Singapore Airlines could be upgraded by using Miles and More, basically they were accusing Singapore Airlines of telling me something wrong. They would never get in touch with their "partner" directly and never make any comment in regards to my question how it was possible that two "partners" were saying something totally contradictory.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Former Airline Employee

Very typical for this type of behavior between airlines. Each blames the other and the customer gets the shaft.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:15 PM
flyhi152 flyhi152 is offline

Join Date: Feb 2011

In this case it was obviously like playing the Lottery without even having a chance to win.

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors