Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > U.S. Airline Complaints > Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints > Complaints > Mileage Plan Complaints

Mileage Plan Complaints Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Free Dating Site

Old 07-03-2011, 05:32 PM
jpflyer jpflyer is offline

Join Date: Jul 2011
Thumbs down Won't Credit Frequent Flyer Miles

I recently returned from a 6 month trip to many destinations in the US and all over the world. I made sure to book all of my flights with Alaska Air or their partners using my frequent flyer number through my travel agent and in online purchases.
Upon returning, I noticed that NONE of my flights had been credited. I waited 5 months since they mentioned that it could take a few months to credit partner airlines, and here i am 7 months later, still 0 miles credited.

When contacting Alaska Air's frequent flyer customer service, I waited 2 weeks for a response, which was a generic canned email that required me to scan or fax all boarding passes from all of my flights.

Talk about ridiculous! I provided them with every piece of information about the flight right down to my seat number and the type of airplane, and they can't credit my account because I didn't save 20 boarding passes from 5 months ago?!

What is even more ridiculous is their customer service! 2 weeks to even respond, and after spending all this time retrieving every possible detail about each flight, making sure I get every detail in my next email, they ignore me for almost 3 months until I file a BBB complaint. Then the respond with the same generic email they originally sent -a straight up cut and paste.

I fly a ton for business and pleasure, and for the most part really like Alaska Air (I live in Seattle and they fly everywhere from here), but after this ordeal, I'm more than happy to spend the extra money and layovers for Virgin America. At least their FF plan is predictable, consistent and actually works.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:13 PM
cortney cortney is offline
Airline Employee

Join Date: Sep 2009

you also need to make sure that some or all of your flights qualify for miles. on some routes you wont get miles. i have AA gold on AA. and if i were to fly from ORD-LHR i could get the miles, however if i fly from ORD-LHR on BA i wouldnt. i dont get it but thats what i was told by both airlines and my coworkers (one that even worked for BA) i also had a UA flight from IAH-GRK that didnt qualify
Reply With Quote

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frequent Flyer Programs AirlineComplaints.org Tips 4 08-08-2011 01:48 PM
Delta domestic 25,000 frequent flyer miles 1raquel234 General Discussion 1 07-03-2011 12:16 PM
frequent flyer denied standby lindsay422 Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 8 06-02-2009 02:01 AM
Frequent Flyer Member Association mkasperzak Mileage Plus Complaints 3 04-02-2009 09:50 PM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors