Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > U.S. Airline Complaints > American Airlines Complaints > Suggestions to American Airlines > How can AA improve?

How can AA improve? Tell us what AA can do to become a better airline.

Free Dating Site

Old 10-21-2011, 02:20 PM
stampower stampower is offline

Join Date: Oct 2011
Default American Airlines website - glitch or otherwise?

I find it VERY disturbing how easy, and inadvertent, it is to CANCEL a flight
in American's "My Reservations" tab. Much to my horror, I recently discovered that I had accidentally 'canceled' a flight for which I had already PAID FOR TICKETS. Why don't they at least have an 'are you sure' comment, like my email service does when I delete messages? Plus, I didn't even get any sort of email or confirmation from AA that I had 'canceled' this flight, but only discovered six weeks after the fact that the 'reservation' was canceled. How can they allow this to happen, especially since I had already paid over $750 for my tickets?? What sense does would it make for a passenger such as myself to intentionally cancel such a reservation in this manner? Is this a flaw in American's system, or a scam of customers who have ALREADY PAID FOR their tickets?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:43 PM

It appears you have no responsibility for your actions. Perhaps you should sue. All companies should have systems to protect their customers from their own actions. I suggest a minimum claim of 10K plus pain and suffering.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:57 AM
AADFW AADFW is offline

Now Jim, I know how easy it is to become somewhat cynical when reading so many of these complaints. But IMHO, the OP has something of a point on this one. I've noticed in the past how astonishingly easy it is to cancel a reservation on aa.com. While I've never managed to do so by accident, I can see how someone less familiar with the site could. It would probably be prudent for AA to require the last four digits of the credit card used for booking be manually entered in order to cancel, or something else along those lines. I would submit that this post poses a legitimate concern.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Ombudsman Ombudsman is offline

Join Date: Feb 2011

AADFW, you know as well as we do you will never make everyone happy when it comes to website useability. By implementing your suggestion AA is likely to get twice as many complaints that its too difficult to cancel online. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Not everyone has the same experience or comfort level using a computer and purchasing or updating things on the internet. Someone who is all thumbs should admit they made the error and accept the consequences rather than always blame it on the website.
Contributing editor to one of the largest travel blogs on the internet.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:19 AM

I don't think it would be such a burden to customers if AA did institute a pop up box which said "this will permanantly cancel your ticket, are you sure you want to proceed". However, I objected to the tone of the original posting in which the OP took no responsibility whatsoever for his/her own actions and then went on to imply some grand conspiracy.

Some of the suggestions are valid.. .an email confirmation of the action, a pop up box. The tone and attitude of the poster was offensive....

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shame on you US Airways and Kudos to American Airlines and United Airlines ruth1swaby Tips 1 07-11-2011 11:21 PM
SkyMiles computer glitch scam? Carolina SkyMiles Complaints 0 09-06-2007 04:52 AM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors