Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > International Airline Complaints > Lufthansa Complaints > Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked

Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Were you on a flight that was delayed, canceled, or overbooked?

Free Dating Site

Old 10-30-2011, 10:51 PM
jeanm jeanm is offline

Join Date: Oct 2011
Angry delayed departure/missed connection

I had to share this complaint about Lufsthansa airlines. I recently had to fly home to the US from Nice, France due to the passing of my father. I chose Lufthansa, even though I found a cheaper flight elsewhere, because they offered a flight with just one stop getting me back home faster. However, I left Nice almost 2 hours behind schedule missing my connecting flight in Frankfurt. Staff in Nice said the delay was due to too much air traffic in Frankfurt. All staff in Nice assured that everything was delayed in and out of Frankfurt, so to not worry about any connecting flights. Of course, that was not the case. I had to stand in an endless line of people who were also delayed and missed their connection too. The line moved quite slow, especially because at one point they only had 2 agents working. Unless, of course you were a first class or premium air traveler. End result, I had to stay the night in Frankfurt, even though I had arrived in the early afternoon. I landed at my final destination over 24 hours behind schedule. I contacted Lufthansa to explain my frustration, and to explain that my departing portion of my travels was not what I paid for. Their responce, a nice apology, however their policy prohibits any compensation since they are not directly in control of any lack of coordination between the various European air traffic controls with their different technical systems, overburdened airport infrastructures and delays to other aircraft that required realignment of time slots.
I replied again, and asked for an answer as to why staff in Nice were not more helpful right from the start, and still have not received a response. Bottom line, I feel arriving over 24 hours after what was originally planned and paid for is unacceptable in any circumstance, but despicable under the circumstances in which I was traveling.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:35 AM

Read this...

This outlines your rights... you can ask the aviation authorities to investigate if Lufthansa can claim an exemption from Regulation 261/2004. The airlines are pushing the "exceptional" circumstances excuse, but even the volcano disruption last year was ultimately determined not exceptional and the airlines were required to pay out.

You can file your complaint, in English, on this form....

The aviation authority is listed here....

Don't give up, they rely on customer ignorance to get away with this. Incidently, after a delay they are required by law to advise you of your rights. If they did not do so, include this in your complaint.

Hope that helps...
Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 AM
jeanm jeanm is offline

Join Date: Oct 2011

Thank you so much, I will follow through with your recommendations. JeanM

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Connection missed, AA wants to charge a fee for flight change Infrequent Traveller Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 2 06-25-2011 02:49 PM
Missed connection because of BA delay ameb Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 3 06-18-2011 07:26 PM
Late arrival, missed connection United fl Deekay Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 0 05-26-2011 07:05 PM
Flight delayed, missed connection, was not compensated sammy Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 3 09-03-2007 08:48 PM
Canceled flight, missed connection, terminal changes (2x) bandparent Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 1 02-04-2007 11:03 PM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors