Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > International Airline Complaints > Etihad Airways Complaints > In-flight Issues

In-flight Issues Did you experience any problems during a flight?

Free Dating Site

Old 01-14-2012, 04:33 PM
nathanpetrelli77 nathanpetrelli77 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Non-vegetarian served in AVML meal package

I am a strict vegetarian and had specifically requested a AVML meal plan on the flight. The stewardess served me a meal packet which specified that the contents of the packet were in accordance to my request. I proceeded to commence dining. As soon as I had the first bite, I realized that the contents were clearly NOT vegetarian. I confirmed this with my fellow passenger who was seated besides me. Once that was done, I conveyed this to the stewardess and she offered to change me meal.
It seems to me that all the AVML meal packets were similarly contaminated.
I want to stress on the fact that I do not consume non-vegetarian fare as it is against my beliefs, religious and otherwise. I was left deeply disturbed by this event, and spent the rest of the journey in a state of unease. I did not create a big fuss
at that time, as I realized that the cabin crew was not at fault, and there was little they could do about it. When I sent a written complaint to Etihad, I got a response saying that they were sorry and that they would offer me 10000 miles as compensation. Now, I am really miffed that they think that this is anywhere close to adequate compensation. I was wondering what the general thoughts are regarding compensation for such huge blunders. For the record, this might not seem like a big deal to some people, but imagine a Kosher meal or a Muslim meal containing a piece of pork, and the ruckus it would create. This is exactly the same situation. Would 10000 miles be deemed suitable compensation?!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:05 PM

The question is a good one, but the reality is that for some people this would be a huge deal, and for others it would not. What do you think is adequate? How can the airline assess this? You may need to be specific.... How do youthink you were damaged, and what is fair compensation to you? There will necer be an absolute in this...different people react to situations differently.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 AM
allen09 allen09 is offline

Join Date: Sep 2012

I know someone who have experienced the same. A friend who is a Muslim has been offered food with pork so she freaked out and have been complaining and all that. Gladly, she has been pacified by another friend and all is well.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vegetarian Food not served on Air France flight Ganesh Flying Blue Complaints 3 12-12-2011 02:49 AM
No free meal for U.S. Military Personnel Keola In-flight Issues 5 04-21-2011 07:41 PM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors