Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > International Airline Complaints > Air France Complaints > Complaints > In-flight Issues

In-flight Issues Did you experience any problems during a flight?

Free Dating Site

Old 02-22-2012, 01:14 PM

Join Date: Feb 2012
Angry Rude cabin staff in business class

I flew on AF3537 from Havana to Paris on 16/2/12. The stewardess had taken my fork and knife away. I tried to attract her attention to get a replacement, she saw me and ignored me. I tried a few minutes later to attract a steward's attention, he ignored me too. I was left to try and eat a steak dinner with a tea spoon and my fingers. All of this was witnessed by a French lady pilot who was sitting next to me. She was astonished by the behavior of the cabin attendants(Dinner is on me next time Ms Pilot lady!)
I have been flying for years and am a regular business passenger on KLM out of Amsterdam. I have never been treated like this. I WILL NOT fly Air France again
Old 02-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Former Airline Employee

The whole story please...
Old 02-23-2012, 01:53 PM

Join Date: Feb 2012

I wasn't planning on saying anymore but since you have asked:
The stewardess and steward behaved as previously stated. However, when I was eating the steak meal with fingers and spoon, the stewardess who ignored me came around with a wine top up. She asked everybody if they wanted wine but passed me by.
Again I was astonished by the fact that she had done this and also she plainly saw that I had no cutlery to eat my meal. She was two rows down so I did attract her attention and asked for more wine. She gave me a frosty stare and then put a splash of wine in my glass and then turned away to continue serving other passengers. The French lady passenger next to me saw all of this (she didn't get any wine either). At this stage I had consumed about 2/3rds of a glass of wine and was still stone cold sober.
I finished what I could of the meal then the steward who had ignored me came to collect the my tray. He asked if I had enjoyed the meal and I said no because I'd had no cutlery. He looked blank and took the tray away. By this time, I had had enough and gathered up my napkins and glass and returned them to the steward at the galley. I then sat in my seat and spoke with the French lady next to me about what had ocurred. She confirmed everything I'd seen and also stated that I had done nothing to offend the cabin staff.
If I've done something wrong then I'll accept it but when you have an independent witness sat next to you its difficult to see what I could have done or said to cause this situation

Last edited by Capt Graham; 02-23-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Capt Graham View Post
The stewardess had taken my fork and knife away.
My previous comment was more geared towards this statement by you. Why was your fork and knife taken away?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:10 PM

Join Date: Feb 2012

I dont know, she collected them at the end of the first course and I assumed she'd bring another set with the main course. The main course arrived but no other cutlery
Old 02-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Former Airline Employee

I'm just trying to understand. She collected everyone's including your seatmate and brought everyone NEW cutlery for the main course, including your seatmate, but not you?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:29 PM

Join Date: Feb 2012

No, she only collected mine because I put them on my plate for collection. She could have easily told me to keep the cutlery. I assumed fresh cutlery would arrive with the main course so I didnt stop her taking the cutlery
Old 06-07-2012, 06:54 PM
nicholasnicholas nicholasnicholas is offline

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: singapore
Default Rude cabin staff in business class

Thanks for suggestion
Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 AM
thomasclark thomasclark is offline

Join Date: Sep 2012
Default re:Rude cabin staff in business class

Cabin Crew Direct is a UK based course which helps you understand more about the role of cabin crew and how to become one. Get all the info about Cabin Crew Course, jobs and training.

Cabin Crew Course

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rude staff, taking my business elsewhere zoe In-flight Issues 4 01-09-2014 02:44 PM
Uncontrollable children in first class cabin rdunn In-flight Issues 16 10-13-2011 08:22 AM
Uncontrollable children in first class cabin rdunn In-flight Issues 6 12-29-2010 10:44 PM
Rude and agressive cabin crew paulc Customer Service 0 05-01-2007 01:58 AM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors