Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > U.S. Airline Complaints > US Airways Complaints > Complaints > Check-in / Boarding
Register About Us FAQ Tips Airline Contacts Links Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Check-in / Boarding Experienced problems during check-in or boarding?

Free Dating Site

Old 03-01-2012, 03:48 PM

Default Baggage policies

I recently flew from Baltimore Washington Airport to Phoenix AZ. I departed on 13 Jan 12 and returned on 21 Jan 12. When I left BWI I checked my luggage and was informed that as an active duty military member I was allowed to check my bag for free.

However, when I checked the bag I was informed it was over weight. The representative said I would have to pay $90 to check the bag. The representative next to her said she could waive the fee since it wasnít too much over the limit. The first representative said no it is not a possible to waive the fee.

She then informed me that I could unpack the bag and pack two bags and still enjoy the no fee bag check in. I was informed I could check 2 bags that weighed 50 pounds each for a total of 100 pounds but my single bag that weighed 57 pounds would cost $90. I asked her about waiving it and she stated, ďThatís the price the military negotiated with US Airways and I canít waive it.Ē

The military has not negotiated any scheme for fee waiver for service members in a leave status. And, as I found out the fee is waivable as I asked several US Airways representatives. It would make sense since I could take 2 bags and almost double the weight for free.