Experienced problems during check-in or boarding?

Baggage policies

Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:48 PM
sweeper4444 sweeper4444 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012

I recently flew from Baltimore Washington Airport to Phoenix AZ. I departed on 13 Jan 12 and returned on 21 Jan 12. When I left BWI I checked my luggage and was informed that as an active duty military member I was allowed to check my bag for free.

However, when I checked the bag I was informed it was over weight. The representative said I would have to pay $90 to check the bag. The representative next to her said she could waive the fee since it wasnít too much over the limit. The first representative said no it is not a possible to waive the fee.

She then informed me that I could unpack the bag and pack two bags and still enjoy the no fee bag check in. I was informed I could check 2 bags that weighed 50 pounds each for a total of 100 pounds but my single bag that weighed 57 pounds would cost $90. I asked her about waiving it and she stated, ďThatís the price the military negotiated with US Airways and I canít waive it.Ē

The military has not negotiated any scheme for fee waiver for service members in a leave status. And, as I found out the fee is waivable as I asked several US Airways representatives. It would make sense since I could take 2 bags and almost double the weight for free.

American flight policies are very bad maryag Other Airline Complaints 5 Mar 25, 2011 6:52 PM
Customer Service Horrible Customer Service and Policies sun1569 JetBlue Airways Complaints 3 Mar 12, 2010 5:20 PM
Reservations Adverse Small Group Travel Policies KJC Reservations 15 Jan 7, 2009 5:40 PM

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.