Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > Low Budget Airline Complaints > Spirit Airlines Complaints > Complaints > FREE SPIRIT Complaints

FREE SPIRIT Complaints Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Free Dating Site

Old 06-20-2011, 04:33 AM
upsetflyer2011 upsetflyer2011 is offline

Join Date: Jun 2011
Default $9 Fare Club - Won't Be Cancelled

Upon completion of my LAST flight (as in, NEVER AGAIN) with Spirit, I requested the gate agent to cancel the $9 fare club. The internet site was not working properly. She "notated" my request but told me I would have to write to Spirit's corporate offices. I sent a letter on June 5. The $9 fare club would expire on June 16. Low and behold, I was charged $59.95. I logged in and saw the $9 fare club was still active. I was able to cancel online (or so I hope). I called Spirit Air and was told that although I sent a letter, they need 4 - 6 weeks to process it! Since it has already renewed, NO REFUNDS. Also, since I now cancelled it, it CANNOT BE REINSTATED. Even better, I contacted American Express to dispute the charge. Apparently, Spirit has agreements with the credit card companies to refer all disputes back to them because of the "terms and conditions of membership". I did not know my right to dispute a charge can be taken away by a merchant. This is a terrible airline with terrible service that is overpriced even if the cost were only $9, which, of course its not. That they would ripoff customers this way, without any consideration, is beyond belief. I would like to file official complaints but, frankly, don't know if they can require "4 to 6 weeks notice" to cancel. I did not think to send the letter certified but do have a copy on my computer showing it was created 6/4/11. If anyone has had success dealing with this, please let me know! Thank you.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:09 PM
azstar azstar is offline

It might be considered fraud. Contact your State Attorney General's office.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:33 PM

Unfortunately, it is in your terms and conditions that you signed up to, that it can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to process. I have read them, and I agree you should complain to the States Attorney Generals office however. I have never read such one sided, anti customer document and profoundly unfair. This club is a con.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:02 PM
upsetflyer2011 upsetflyer2011 is offline

Join Date: Jun 2011
Default Thank you!

I appreciate the input. I have filed a complaint. I will update this board once it is resolved, one way or the other. Hopefully, during our lifetimes!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:58 PM
jjltangry jjltangry is offline

Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Spirit is still the same!

I am having an issue with this Fare Club now! I wanted to cancel this but they still charged me $59.95 and will NOT send me a refund! I will not give up though! I will hound them until they change their practices!!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:17 PM

How much notice did you give before it expired?
Old 04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Harrietac Harrietac is offline

Join Date: Apr 2012
Default $59 scammed from my bank acct

Don't do it. I did it last year and it is a scam. I purchased 2 rt tickets to Mexico. Their cheap ticket was more than Delta by the time they add a charge for everything, down to seat selection and $35 for your carry on. In addition, they advised me that I would be contacted to see if I wanted to renew. Another lie. I saw it posted as a future payment by my bank and went to their web site and followed the steps to cancel the day before it was to be renewed. There is no way to determine if it went through and no way to sent a note to customer svc. I chd it the next morning to confirm and then reentered it just make sure. Then the next day did the same. Now they say too bad we did not process it till the day it was due so no refund. Now we canceled it in the early hours of the day it was due, took your money then canceled your membership and no refunds. So i paid $59.95 for 4 hours of their $9. fare club. This is a scam. You will be on hold forever and then try to deal with someone who barely speaks English. Run away, use another airline,
Old 04-23-2012, 10:51 PM

You should let your state attorney generals office know. Perhaps enough complaints will lead to some action against this scam.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Executive Club Misleading Customers. customerusuallyknowsbest Executive Club / Premier Complaints 7 05-30-2012 06:04 AM
Spirit Airlines ripoff $9 Fare Club a joke sgolesh Customer Service 9 09-29-2011 07:03 PM
$9 Club Cancellation Wilfredo Bojos FREE SPIRIT Complaints 1 06-08-2011 08:57 AM
Air France - Cancelled Tickets and kept fare AGM Reservations 3 05-09-2009 06:59 PM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors