Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > International Airline Complaints > Etihad Airways Complaints > Reservations
Register About Us FAQ Tips Airline Contacts Links Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reservations Had a problem making, or with, any Reservations?

Free Dating Site

Old 03-09-2012, 01:54 PM

Exclamation Name change on airline ticket

I have booked 2 tickets to South Africa but the surname on one of the tickets is spelt incorrectly. I have contacted the agent I booked with (LastMinute.com) but they say I must buy a new ticket (as they were advised by Etihad) and I may not be able to even book on the same flight. The other person is unable to travel alone because of a disability, so I would effectively be losing both tickets (costing £1400). This would mean cancelling the trip altogether.

I'm hoping someone can assist in resolving this for me. I'm willing to pay a fee to change the name, but am unable to afford more tickets.

Thanks in advance.

James
Old 05-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Default TSA name change information

just encountered the same issue - TSA responded per the below.

The Transportation Security Administrationís (TSA) identity verification policy requires all adult passengers (18 years of age and older) to provide a Federal or State Government-issued photo identification (ID) for inspection before entering the security checkpoint.

Travelers who do not have an ID that meets these requirements and bears their name as it appears on their boarding pass should bring whatever IDs or documents they have available. For example, passengers who have legally changed their name or prefer to use their middle name can present documents such as marriage licenses, birth certificates, or social security cards. There is no set list of what forms of alternative IDs or documents are acceptable. However, the information on one of the items should bear the passengerís name as it appears on the boarding pass along with other identification information.

If passengers are unable to present an ID or documents that display their name as it appears on their boarding pass (including passengers who have entered misspelled names or use nicknames), or if TSA has questions about the ID presented, the passenger may be asked to assist TSA in the identity verification process. Under this process, TSA may ask the passenger to complete a Certification of Identity form, which requests the passengerís name and current address, and may ask additional questions of the passenger to confirm his or her identity.

If we are able to confirm the passengerís identity, the passenger will be cleared to enter the screening checkpoint. However, the individual may be subject to additional screening. If we are unable to confirm the passengerís identity, TSA will deny the passenger entry into the security checkpoint. We recommend that travelers arrive at least 2 hours in advance of their flight time to allow ample time for security screening and boarding of aircraft.

For more information about ID requirements, please visit TSAís Web site

NOTICE: The information contained in this message and any attachments is privileged and confidential and therefore protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent who is responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Senture does not accept liability for changes to this message after it was sent. The views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of the company. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying via e-mail to this message and deleting this information from your computer.

Tags
airline, change name, etihad, tickets