Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > Low Budget Airline Complaints > Southwest Airlines Complaints > Complaints > Reservations
Register About Us FAQ Tips Airline Contacts Links Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reservations Had a problem making, or with, any Reservations?

Old 03-13-2012, 01:35 AM

Default Transfer Policy Joke

Hi all. I wanted to share my story with you as a warning and in the hope it costs Southwest Business.
My confirmation number was XO**SM and my initials are P.D (I know I left some blanks in there). My hope is to share this information with you all so you know I am not kidding and that Southwest sees this and takes me seriously.

You can no longer use the credit from someone else’s canceled ticket... and apparently this has been a policy for years but they never enforced it. I have credit on my confirmation number which expires in March. I tried to use my credit a few months back for my Mother and that is when I found out about this “policy change”. I was never informed of it and the fact that it has been in writing for years is crap. I have used credits for other accounts in the past and allowing people to use that gives you a false sense of security. They should have begun enforcing that policy for all tickets that expire after a year from the start date of said enforcement. I am now going to lose my $100+ credit from southwest so I will be purchasing my tickets from another airline. Luckily the market is competitive enough to where I will pay very close to what I would have at Southwest (+/- a little).

It would only be fair for me to say that Southwest is charging a $75 fee for people to extend their credits past the expiration date. They mentioned something about taxes and crap to me to defend the fee but I stopped listening at that point. This was not an option and I would rather lose my all my credit then get a measly hand out “Gee I know you messed up but we will cut you a break at a cost” credit.