Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > U.S. Airline Complaints > American Airlines Complaints > Complaints > Customer Service

Customer Service Have you had any problems with AA's Customer Service? Have AA employees treated you poorly?

Free Dating Site

Old 03-19-2012, 02:45 AM
rjbama rjbama is offline

Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Customer Poor Service

The service is lousy!!!!!!!!!! Gate B 5 at Dallas. Customer service rolling eyes! If you don't like your job, then quit!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:21 AM
a77isonbay a77isonbay is offline

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Default bad service!

I can't believe AA customer service! I missed my flight and had to wait all day for the next flight! The customer service was so awful!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Former Airline Employee

How was it awful? What part of the customer service was awful?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM
foxfarout foxfarout is offline

Join Date: Apr 2012
Default AMERICAN AIRLINES Customer Service Complaint

My very first experience with American Airlines turned quickly into my last one! I was confused about the eight credit card charges on my Visa for one return flight from Vancouver, Canada to San Juan, PR. In addition, I paid a travel agent a fee for booking my flight through Expedia. I regret that, however, it took me over a month to finally hear a voice from a customer service representative to help justify two unauthorized charges in the amount of $25 US each. (I wrote four emails and am still waiting for a response to my last one sent two weeks ago.) Barbara, the mean-spirited customer service representative explained these charges were 'service fees' for an AA agent to book exit row seats. I was never informed of these additional fees at the time of booking my seats and would never have paid $50 for a seat on any flight ... anywhere!!! Our flights was re-routed due to a six hour delay and AA refunded the $90 for the 3 exit row seats but refused to refund the unauthorized 'service fees' for booking the same seats we didn't get. I informed Barbara that the seat booking agent never revealed that these fees existed (I also told her that had I known about these additional service fees, I would have preferred to simply get seats when we checked in at the airport. ). Barbara said she would not issue a refund, therefore, I was not given a refund and was made wrong for asking in the first place. I've never spoken to anyone so mean and am wondering how in the world she would be in a 'customer service' position when there are so many nice people in this world.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:47 PM
ThuyTran ThuyTran is offline

Join Date: Nov 2012

I bought three round trip tickets from Atlanta to LAX on November 1st to November 5th, tickets is for two adults one child on seat and one infant on lap. From Atlanta everything was good, but when we return from LAX, what a horrible day, they ruin my trip just because the check in problem. The flight number was 2430 depart at 9:15 AM on Nov 5th. The person who is checked us in and made mistake named Cecilia. We came to the airport almost two hours early, and I started tocheck in the tickets myself and there was a lady to assist me to get all boarding pass. She told us to follow her, then we waited there for very long time with another lady, I didn't know what was wrong but she gave us all boarding pass and she told me to take my baby carseat to TSA 2 and we just followed her instruction and we got to security check point, we had to wait for a line to come to the security and the man who checked our boarding pass didn't let us to come inside because he said no infant in my boarding pass and he said one of us must go downstairs to get the right boarding pass with infant on that, then we went back to the check in station and I told Cecilia that we running late but she didn't know what to do, she walked me back and ford. You know I'm five months pregnant with two little children but we had to run and run and then another lady came to help her to get another boarding pass, and then we got to the check point again but they didn't let us get in again. He said no infant on boarding pass from LAX to Dallas which was my connection to Atlanta, so we had to go back check in station again. My kids started to yeld because they both very hungry. Then we downstairs again, and Cecilia took me back and ford again, finally she found a gentlment to help her. He said we couldn't made on the plane because they already close the door and he got another flight for us to Chicago instead and from Chicago to Atlanta. It wasn't right there. When we got to Chicago, a men told us hurry, the plane almost close, we had to run again, I'm pregnant and two baby had to run and run, when we got to the gate, it already close and a lady she open the gate for another people and I asked her if we could get on the plane to Atlanta, she seem like didn't want to help us. I wonder if because we are Asian then she acted like that. There was another white customer came to the same fight after us but she helped him very quick, I was very upset I urged her that we were going to Atlanta and asked her to help us. Finally she checked in for us and we were the last customers got in to the plane again. Unfortunally, The toilet on the plane was broken, we had to hold for one hour thirty minutes for the flight to go to restroom... I was worried for my baby in my stomach if she was still okay because I ran a lot and I could not eat because of no time and my two little kids were very tired because of long day in a hurry...I wish someone will help us to consider for a refund or something, otherwise, I don't know if I would choose AA again in the future or recommend for other people to choose AA....

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POOR Customer Service Saleen823 Customer Service 0 05-19-2011 01:11 AM
Poor customer service waltercrk Customer Service 1 08-27-2010 01:34 AM
Poor customer service New York Charlie Customer Service 0 06-16-2010 07:03 PM
Poor Customer Service Gretchen Eggert Customer Service 11 03-25-2010 07:20 PM
poor customer service Skamom Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 0 08-12-2008 02:58 PM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors