COMPLAINT: Changed my seat with minor child

Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:46 PM
shelly72 shelly72 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012

Wow- so Delta took my reservation for myself, my husband and our 8 year old daugher. When I went to check in for my flight the day before I discovered that they had moved our seats to sit seperately. When I called to questions this I was told they do no reserve seats ahead of time. I explained that I was traveling with a minor and they told me they could only accomadate me by me paying an addional $19 per seat for premier seating. Or I could wait and see if a the gate they could seat us together as they "save seats" at the back of the plane for families. When I asked them if they could assign me seats the day before, as they had, and they "saved" seats for family why could they not put us together. They told me it was not their policy.

So I asked them if they knew the age of my child at time of booking and their policy was to not allow any child under 12 to fly unaccompanied weren't they violating their policy? In additon, I asked that the premium seats I was paying for where the exit seats with more leg room, they said yes. Children under 18 are not permitted to sit in this area how where they booking me these seats. The agent was very nasty- no response to what I thought were vaild questions- only "you have to pay more to sit together". Of course I paid & guess what- at the gate they took away my premium seats anyway!! Delta's way of price gouging!!!!

Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:17 AM

This is outrageous....but very much the Delta away. They are happy to put children at risk, unless you pay money to protect hem. Outrageous.

delta, leaving minors alone, price gouging

Reservations Seat assignment changed rognaree United Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 28, 2011 8:41 PM
Customer Service AA BWI to DFW Flight 1445 Minor Child flying alone mistyreed73 American Airlines Complaints 2 Jul 19, 2011 1:26 PM
Reservations Changed seat assignment? Tough. Smarmy Bastard Reservations 8 Sep 9, 2010 9:47 PM
Peruvian Airlines changed seat without notice davidshakes Other Airline Complaints 1 Jan 22, 2010 1:12 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Unaccompanied Minor tsantiago Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Aug 9, 2008 1:40 AM

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.