Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > U.S. Airline Complaints > Delta Air Lines Complaints > Complaints > Reservations
Register About Us FAQ Tips Airline Contacts Links Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reservations Had a problem making, or with, any Reservations?

Free Dating Site

Old 03-21-2012, 08:46 PM

Default Changed my seat with minor child

Wow- so Delta took my reservation for myself, my husband and our 8 year old daugher. When I went to check in for my flight the day before I discovered that they had moved our seats to sit seperately. When I called to questions this I was told they do no reserve seats ahead of time. I explained that I was traveling with a minor and they told me they could only accomadate me by me paying an addional $19 per seat for premier seating. Or I could wait and see if a the gate they could seat us together as they "save seats" at the back of the plane for families. When I asked them if they could assign me seats the day before, as they had, and they "saved" seats for family why could they not put us together. They told me it was not their policy.

So I asked them if they knew the age of my child at time of booking and their policy was to not allow any child under 12 to fly unaccompanied weren't they violating their policy? In additon, I asked that the premium seats I was paying for where the exit seats with more leg room, they said yes. Children under 18 are not permitted to sit in this area how where they booking me these seats. The agent was very nasty- no response to what I thought were vaild questions- only "you have to pay more to sit together". Of course I paid & guess what- at the gate they took away my premium seats anyway!! Delta's way of price gouging!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:17 AM

This is outrageous....but very much the Delta away. They are happy to put children at risk, unless you pay money to protect hem. Outrageous.

Tags
delta, leaving minors alone, price gouging