COMPLAINT: Another Spirit Cancellation

Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:05 AM
Klipdrift Klipdrift is offline

Join Date: Mar 2012

Today my family and I arrived at the airport to discover that our flight had been cancelled. Mechanical issues were cited to be the cause. We were to fly from Bahamas to Fort Lauderdale - a 35 minute flight. I'm sure Spirit could have arranged for another plane to go to the Bahamas, especially since there were still 3 hours left before scheduled take off.
This is the 2nd time I've flown with Spirit. Last time my family was stranded in Costa Rica due to a Spirit strike and we had to spend $1000 one way to get home to Fort Lauderdale.
All checked bags AND carry on bags have a fee. If you pay for baggage when making your reservation you pay $33 per checked bag and $30 for carry on. That's $63 per person EACH way for a checked bag and a carry on. That's $504 baggage fees for a family of 4. It is even more expensive if you pay for baggage less than 24hrs before flight time and more if you do it at the airport!

Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:28 AM
A320FAN A320FAN is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Klipdrift View Post
Spirit had purchased many seats on JetBlue's last NAS flight of the day for several customers.

Customer Service Spirit legally cheated me - AVOID Spirit! therathman Spirit Airlines Complaints 17 Mar 3, 2012 9:50 PM
Truth not in the spirit of Spirit Airlines james1 FREE SPIRIT Complaints 2 Dec 7, 2011 3:36 PM
$9 Club Cancellation Wilfredo Bojos FREE SPIRIT Complaints 1 Jun 8, 2011 8:57 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cancellation Frustration Massimo American Airlines Complaints 2 Jan 3, 2009 5:16 AM
Reservations Cancellation Policy? MFB United Airlines Complaints 4 Aug 1, 2008 3:26 PM

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.