Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > International Airline Complaints > Etihad Airways Complaints > Etihad Guest Complaints

Etihad Guest Complaints Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Free Dating Site

View Poll Results: Do you think Etihad can ever improve such a pathetic state of customer service?
No, not in near Future 4 66.67%

Old 01-27-2012, 04:22 PM
wowc8 wowc8 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2012

Originally Posted by jd91 View Post
My issue has now been resolved. The missing miles were credited today. Thank you.

Dear Cazzi,

I need help with this as well. Please let me know if you need any additional information that may not have been in the DM that I just sent you.

Thank you!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 AM
junelle junelle is offline

Join Date: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by wowc8 View Post

Thank you!
Dear Cazzi,

I need help with this as well. I have sent you a DM. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:09 AM

Dear junelle,

I have passed your details on, and someone should be in touch from the Etihad Guest department to assist with this.

Cazzi
A well travelled girl, who still gets the incredible urge to clap when the plane lands safely.

Last edited by Etihad Representative; 03-01-2012 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Suspicious Spelling!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 PM
junelle junelle is offline

Join Date: Feb 2012

Dear Cazzi,

My account has been credited with the miles already. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:06 AM
uabdullah uabdullah is offline

Join Date: Mar 2012

I booked my ticket through American Airlines - partner to Etihad - and was told categorically that ALL flights would earn miles which would be posted to my AA Advantage account. Upon my return to the US, I learnt rather rudely that the leg from Chicago to Abu Dhabi( and the subsequent return) was not eligible for whatever reason. After much back and forth with AA, I registered with Etihad Guest thinking that it shouldn't be a problem for me to at least get miles with Etihad. But no, that would have been too easy, and I heard from Etihad that they wouldn't give me the miles because I hadn't signed up with Etihad Guest prior to taking my flights. How is that fair???

Cazzi, I hope you can help me with this. Thank you.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:47 PM
uabdullah uabdullah is offline

Join Date: Mar 2012

The miles were credited to my EG account this morning. Thank you Cazzi, and AC!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:23 AM

Join Date: Mar 2012

Hi - I am on the Gold Tier with Etihad Guest, but having just flown to Brisbane from Dublin, I knew I'd be pretty close to Gold Elite, so logged in to check whether I'd passed the milestone or not.
Imagine my surprise to see all mileage transactions gone from my account, and my tier level back to Etihad Guest (as if I'd just signed up)

Cazzi - is this a regular system issue that will be sorted out after a temporary aberration or is it something I should worry about?
Old 03-27-2012, 03:44 AM

Dear amgd28,

I am sorry about this, how very strange indeed!

Could you DM me your Etihad Guest number, and one of our Etihad Guest team will look into this for you.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:25 PM

Join Date: Mar 2012

Have sent you the details Cazzi.
Account still looks blank, but from my experience with the Etihad Guest website to date, it does not seem to be very robust, so I am assuming it is a website error rather than a fundamental problem with the internal system.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:33 AM
merbau merbau is offline

Default Etihad miles gone

I have the same problem. I logged in yesterday and all miles were gone.
I also got an e-mail with the same information. No points at all.
I hop it's a system error.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:25 PM

Join Date: Mar 2012

i have the same problem with etihad guest not crediting miles
Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 PM

Default rejected miles

Good day everyone,
My husband is traveling every other month from Abu Dhabi to Manila and back and forth because of his job. His company always book him with Etihad Airways. To date, he is now a Gold member of the Etihad Guest and we are always looking forward on the miles points that will be credited to his account. Unfortunately this February 29 and March 25, 2012 he flew via Etihad Airways but we got tired emailing and following up his claims but always Etihad rejected it. What puzzled us is why are they rejecting our claim when his colleagues (who flew on the same flight as his) got their miles automatically credited to their account without any problem.

I am the one doing the emails and following up because he is busy with work and this stresses me so much. Hoping you can help me. Thank you
Old 03-29-2012, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by merbau View Post
I have the same problem. I logged in yesterday and all miles were gone.
I also got an e-mail with the same information. No points at all.
I hop it's a system error.
I got an email yesterday to state that the miles were all there, but that there is a problem with the site in that it being worked on. I received confirmation of my mileage balance in the email
Old 03-29-2012, 04:52 AM

Merbau,

Etihad are still facing this issue, but hope to have things back to normal asap.

Thank you for your patience.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 AM

Join Date: Mar 2012

We got a response from Etihad again. They said that the flights made by my husband were non qualifying flights. I just can't understand why they keep on insisting that he flew via PR flights (Philippine Airlines) when we have stubs to prove that the flight were under Etihad Airways. These claiming of miles is exhausting me Im really ****** off
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 AM

Join Date: Mar 2012

I'm really frustrated with the service of Etihad. Until now they keep on rejecting the miles we are claiming. How can they reject it when without any problems they credited miles on my husband's colleagues who were in the same flight as him.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:49 AM

Join Date: Mar 2012

Can someone here help me with my problem with Etihad Guest? I thought this site could help me
Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 AM

Default Etihad points stonewalling

I have had complete stonewalling by Etihad in crediting miles.

I have been trying to claim miles from a UIA flight. My flight qualified for half points. I supplied the required information on the claim form, I had quoted my ff number on my echeckin. Response was that I should supply my booking class. I replied with a copy of my eticket. Two months later I follow up to get a respose that I hadnt replied to their request for booking class. They are an airline, dont they know how to read the ticket??? So I emailed them my fare class. almost 3 months and a phone call later no miles credited. Now they just ignore any reference to this claim in any correspondence I send them.

I travelled on Malaysian who are a partner with Etihad. Tried to present my etihad card at checkin with Malaysian and was told they werent a partner. I put in a claim for 2 flights. 2.5 months later no result. No response to my phone call, 1 response that I should wait 60 days for credit. Its well over 60 days still no credit.

Etihad service for their partner rewards is non existent. 2 claims no points on valid fares. Their followup is to basically stonewall as none of their staff seem to have any capability to deal with the partner and credit the points.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:08 PM
powermatrix powermatrix is offline

Angry Partner Miles Claim

I have travelled in Srilankan Airlines to London to Kuala Lumpur with my wife in last October 2011, on my return I sent claim through etihadguest website on 28th Oct 2011 and I received a reply from one of the representative on 15th Jan 2012 requesting more details about ticket number and class of travel, I replied with details on 17th Jan 2012.

Then I have received another reply from a representative on 30/1/2012 that miles will be credited in next 60 days, but nothing happened for more than 60 days and I contacted the customer service ( for UK contact number takes to Machester thats what I have been told by that guy spoke to me on phone) and he told me to send email again. I did send that email on 5th April 2012.

Today 23/4/2012 I got a email stating that my claim is more than 6 months old and it has been rejected!!!!!

I dont know what to do and where to complain???.. I think their miles earning program is complete shambles and cheating / misleading / false promise the passengers!!!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 01:58 AM

Join Date: Apr 2012

Finally been credited with my Ukraine International flight now just need the Malaysian flight to be dealt with.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:31 AM

Default still waiting

More follow up emails to Etihad regarding my Malaysian airlines reward points. As usual no reply. Do they think if they ignore you that you will give up? Guess will need to take it to the next level. Does anyone know of a consumer complaints organisation in Abu Dhabi? I think this behaviour needs to be dealt with by a government authority as Etihad dont seem capable of dealing with these issues.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:24 AM
observerx observerx is offline

Join Date: Jan 2012
Thumbs down Etihad lies and complacency

I have been waiting for Etihad to resolved the mysterious disappearance of my airmiles since November. Just received one reply in all that time - lies and arrogant patronising reply completely ignoring the complaint. I think Emirates are the just as bad. It has become a loathsome experience dealing with these UAE based airlines. They don't give a toss about customer complaints, no matter how serious. They are trained to ignore them and issue delayed standard responses.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:27 AM

Join Date: Apr 2012

It seems if you ask them the contact details of the government department handling consumer complaints that they speed up their process dramatically. I have my points now after many emails.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Rossei Rossei is offline

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada
Thumbs down Unable to credit miles

I've been traveling with Etihad for last 4 years and my wife for 1 year. We do travel on this route Toronto-AbuDhabi-Dhaka. Last, we traveled on the same route on March 17, 2012 and returned on April 14, 2012. Since I hold Etihad Silver card, my miles were credited right way during checking-in in airports; but my wife's didn't (she was holding a temporary paper copy). It has been almost 5 months we traveled and there is one month remaining.

As I take care of my wife's Etihad account; I've been trying to credit the miles using RETRO CLAIM FORM for herself. It keeps saying "MILES WILL BE CREDITED SHORTLY"; but never happens. My wife also emailed re: this issue. She emailed to get her missed miles for a travel back in Oct, 2011 and never had any solution from Etihad. So, she highly doubts she would get something this time.

My mother recently traveled to Toronto on same route and she mistakenly created 2 accounts with Etihad. I can't credit her miles as well.

I need serious help so that all missed miles (both my wife and mother) get credited to respective accounts and forwarded to my account (as I'm the head of the family upon acceptance of other family members).

I look forward to getting some help here. Fingers crossed!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:44 PM
mathaidinu mathaidinu is offline

Join Date: Aug 2012
Default Wont credit Missing Miles due to technicality

I have been trying to claim miles missing from my wifes account since our travel from TRV to ORD back in Nov 2011 . I sent multiple emails from my mail account to retro claims within few days of our travel. Now since more than six months has passed from our day of travel , Etihad refuses to credit these miles because the emails originated from my email account and not from my wife's, though it had all the relevant details. Since I am the head of our Etihad family account, it made sense to me that I should be able to claim missing miles for all family members. I hope someone from customer care will come out and look beyond this technicality and show what real customer service is.
Reply With Quote

"etihad guest", "missing miles", etihad, miles

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worthless Miles nancysue AAdvantage Complaints 3 05-09-2012 04:05 AM
Etihad - False promise about guest miles offers... cheated by etihad Etihad Guest Complaints 7 04-27-2012 05:00 AM
Etihad Guest Customer Service guy.liddell Etihad Guest Complaints 1 06-05-2011 07:53 AM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors