Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > International Airline Complaints > British Airways Complaints > Complaints > Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked

Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Were you on a flight that was delayed, canceled, or overbooked?

Free Dating Site

Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Judithfich Judithfich is offline

Join Date: Apr 2012
Default Aa6152 operated by ba189 30 march

I arrived at London with ly315 on Friday march 30th at 13:55 20 minutes after scheduled time. My connection was at 16:15. Assistant picked me up and I had plenty of time for the flight but when I got to the desk to get my boarding card the flight was closed although it was known that I was there as I was in the list for wheel chair. I got a later flight to Newark but only the next morni g flight to chicago instead of same evening flight. I spent alL night by myself in the airport with no one to talk too and the hostess at Heathrow threw it all on elal although the flight was only 20 minutes late and this was not the reason they did not put me on the flight. When I was waiting for my boarding card at heathrow I told them a few times that my flight was at 16:15 but no one paid attention.
In addition to all that my luggage arrive only on Saturday April 7th and I was mistreated by ba personnel who did not give me the right information and said that they never got my luggage from elal although elal had confirmation from ba that it went on flight ba295 to chicago on march 31st, than it was supposed to be on aa3730 from Newark to Chicago on April 5th(not clear why it went back to Newark) and eventually went from Newark to Chicago on April 6th in the evening arriving to me on the 7th and all the Information I got was not from ba employees who did not want to talk to me telling me to talk to elal and even hanged the phone on me

Last edited by Judithfich; 04-09-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 AM
A320FAN A320FAN is offline
Airline Employee

Join Date: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Judithfich View Post
International departures close out 1 hour prior to departure Because the EL AL flight arreived 20 minutes late, it cut into your connection time and arrived 20 minutes before the departure of tghe BA flight. Not sure why you did not book the nonstop ELAL/AA Interline flights to EWR/JFK and onto ORD. You would have saved time, and aggravation. Once the flight is closed thats it. AA/BA did the right thing by rebooking you for the next departures. As far as the luggage, I have heard LHR is not easy for luggage transfers......

Last edited by A320FAN; 04-09-2012 at 06:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 AM

Arriving at 2pm, with last check in at 3:15 and a terminal change is probably cutting it a bit fine, especially if you need wheelchair assistance. T5 is a long way from T1. You say that not having enough time was not the reason they didn't put you on the flight. What do you think the reason was?

In any event, there is no excuse for treating you badly however. In terms of putting you on the next available flight, it sounds like BA did the right thing, but communications is not their strong point....there are endless complaints trying to get BA to give people a straight answer.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:22 AM
sals1e123 sals1e123 is offline

Join Date: Apr 2012
Angry Deliberate policy of over booked seats

My husband was due to fly home from antigua last night and, along with 25 other people, some of whom had been told the PREVIOUS evening, that the flight had been overbooked. After the tirades and despair by customers it was made clear by staff that they (BA) always overbook flights in case someone doesnt turn up!!!! People are in tears trying to get home to committments. All these people have been told to go back to check in again on Saturday night... just who in the hell do they think they are to treat people this way... its disgusting. They bung a few pounds in your pocket, put you in a hotel and give you a 1 x 3 minute phone call paid by them.... never ever book with these greedy unscrupulous people. They dont care a dam.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:41 AM

One of the great scandals of modern aviation is that airlines continue to over book with impunity. In the distant past, the vast majority of airline tickets sold were flexible. Airlines were faced with large numbers of passengers who would 'no show' and use their ticket on later flights. To manage this they often overbooked flights based on a percentage of 'no shows' and from time to time they were caught out. In a way, this could be justified. A no show in these circumstances is a loss of revenue, as the passenger who failed to show up would still get a service later, so if the seat went empty, the airline lost out.

Today, the vast majority of seats are sold on a non refundable basis and if the passenger is a 'no show' the passenger loses the right to travel. The airline has no loss of revenue in these circumstances, as they have been paid for the seat. The justification for 'overbooking' is no longer valid. The airlines know this, but have continued to gouge passengers by selling more seats than they have. In any other business, this would be fraud. If I set up a website selling TV's and I had 1,000 to sell, but took money for 1,500 I am committing fraud.

With the exception of some low cost carriers, all airlines do this, so you have little opportunity to take your custom elsewhere. BA should know better on a route such as the Antigua route. The percentage of no shows on predominantly 'leisure' routes such as this, compared to a business route such as LHR/JFK is much lower. The ability of airlines to do this needs to be regulated...it is time this practise was stopped.

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors