Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > International Airline Complaints > Air France Complaints > Complaints > Customer Service
Register About Us FAQ Tips Airline Contacts Links Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Customer Service Have you had any problems with Air France's Customer Service? Have Air France employees treated you poorly?

Free Dating Site

Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM

Exclamation Air france selling tickets from got to nice but not informing about...

I BOUGHT TICKETS FROM GOT TO NICE ONLINE FROM AIR FRANCE,

THE INFORMATION GIVEN WHEN I BOUGHT THE TICKET WAS
Your travel
Your flight : Gothenburg - Nice
Saturday 30 June 2012
AF3221 - Voyageur 12:40 Gothenburg, Landvetter (GOT), SWEDEN - Terminal
Last check in time : 12:10
14:50 Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG), FRANCE
Operated by : Regional Aircraft : Embraer 170 Meal(s) served on board :
Snack
Class : R Duration : 02h10, non-stop Allowance : 1 baggage
Saturday 30 June 2012
AF6248 - Voyageur 18:35 Paris, Orly (ORY), FRANCE - Terminal W
Last check in time : 18:15
19:55 Nice, Côte d'Azur (NCE), FRANCE
Operated by : Air France Aircraft : Airbus A321 Meal(s) served on board :

THERE WAS NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROBLEM WITH THE TRANSFER FROM CDG TO ORLY AND NOW AF WANT TO CHARGE EXTRA FOR THAT BUS TRANSFER THOUGH THERE WAS NO INFORMATION ABOUT THIS WHEN I BOOKED THE TICKET...
Old 04-20-2012, 07:06 AM

This is what AF's website shows when offering an itinerary involving a transfer between airports in Paris:

''Your trip involves a change of airports. At your arrival in Paris, please retrieve your baggage before starting your onward travel. Air France Coaches are available for transfer between Paris Charles de Gaulle and Paris Orly airports. The cost for the transfer is not included in the price of your flight ticket. More information on www.cars-airfrance.com.''

Couldn't be any clearer...
Old 04-20-2012, 07:43 AM

yes it could be much better
1- selling a ticket got ti nice and adding an extra cost for the extra transfer between airports in paris is ... not acceptable
2. the information you have been added in yout answer is not on the confirmation you sent to me

3. for you it is obvoius that a guest should know that cdg and orly are separate airports, for me this was not the case. and i I am still suprised that you are selling tickets got nce not including transfers

4, i am also surprised that you are not intersted in solving this problem .
Old 04-20-2012, 08:44 AM

I agree with Lostinlondon, i have made a simulated booking the same day you have travelled and it is clearly written at "Trip details", that your journey involves change of airports and the transfer is not free.
I agree that paying for transfer when you book a connecting flight is not customer friendly, but then vote with your wallet , You had plenty of warnings at the booking page before you had to use the credit card.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larslad View Post
yes it could be much better
1- selling a ticket got ti nice and adding an extra cost for the extra transfer between airports in paris is ... not acceptable
2. the information you have been added in yout answer is not on the confirmation you sent to me

3. for you it is obvoius that a guest should know that cdg and orly are separate airports, for me this was not the case. and i I am still suprised that you are selling tickets got nce not including transfers

4, i am also surprised that you are not intersted in solving this problem .
2- "I" never sent you any confirmation. AF did.
4- Why should "I" be interested in solving your problem? This is not an AF website. Maybe that's where you should post your claim if you want "them" to look into your problem. Not that I rate your chances very high given how clearly their website indicates that transferring between airports in Paris is at the expenses of the passenger.

Several major cities have more than one airport. BA does not arrange their passengers' transfer between Heathrow and Gatwick. Neither does United for their clients flying into JFK and travelling onwards from LGA. In Tokyo, JAL's passengers will have to make their own way between NRT and HND. Those are just 3 examples but, AFAIK, no airlines ever pays for ground transportation between airports.

It is obvious that not everyone is a seasoned traveller and fully aware of the intricacies of international travel but in this instance the information about the transfer in Paris was clearly displayed during the booking process and I really do not believe that your rant is justified.