General Discussion

For General Airline matters.

United Airlines Criminal Charging

Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:31 PM
manjosa manjosa is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012

Below is an e-mail I wrote to United complaining about how their fares are different in two different places on their site, benefiting United in the end.

I called this morning from work to book travel with United using credit that I had from a previously cancelled flight. It wasn't clear how to apply this credit on your website so I called your customer service department in (INDIA!!). The first time I was on hold for 30 minutes and then was disconnected. The second time I called I was able to get through to a customer service agent and she walked me through the process but failed to mention that in addition to the $150 change fee, I would have to pay $25 for a "re-issue" fee. I only found out after logging in and following her instructions. I noticed that if I were to search for a fare like normal going through that I would find fares for my destination that were about $100.00 cheaper than if I booked through "Change Reservations" like the rep told me. I called back into United to speak with another rep. to ask why this was. So far, this process took about two hours of my day. By the time I contacted a rep, the fairs had gone up. This time, I spoke to another (Indian Rep) who informed me about the $25 re-issue fee and told me that is why the fares were different but that only explains part of the difference in fares. It doesn't explain why the cost of the ticket was more expensive for the exact same flight. You guys are criminals. I asked to speak to her supervisor and I've currently been on the phone for an hour. (Convenient tactic). Not only do you charge $150 for a flight change, you tack on an additional $25.00 for a "re-issue" charge and still the ticket is more expensive. Absolutely criminal. I'm lettting everyone I know about this and posting it on You have not only wasted my money but all morning of my time. The sad thing is, this is not the first time I have spent hours on the phone with United. I'm writing a letter to Delta to see if they will honor my miles and status so I can switch over to their frequent flyer miles program. No doubt that even if they did a poor job, they would be better than United.

Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:54 PM

Delta from Unitec = frying pan into fire.

fares, fees, penalties, united airlines

Phillipine Airlines - need criminal investigation! justice Other Airline Complaints 8 Jul 28, 2010 2:14 AM
Baggage Problems United Airlines Bag and Personnel Problems - oh yeah, Dulles United Airlines people ntboy7756 United Airlines Complaints 6 May 10, 2008 7:11 PM

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.