Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > U.S. Airline Complaints > Delta Air Lines Complaints > Complaints > Customer Service
Register About Us FAQ Tips Airline Contacts Links Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Customer Service Have you had any problems with Delta's Customer Service? Have Delta employees treated you poorly?

Free Dating Site

Old 11-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Default Delta charged me over $270 more than I was quoted

I called Delta customer service from the Dominican Republic to change a flight that my wife and I were scheduled on once I realized that we were going to miss a connector. A Delta customer service representative named Cheryl told me that it would cost $125 per ticket ($250 total) to change so I went ahead and agreed. My secretary was on the phone via conference call and she can confirm the amount quoted. A few days later I looked at my credit card statement and noticed I had been charged $261 per ticket ($522 total). So far I have: contacted Delta customer service several times, filed a BBB complaint, emailed the CEO of Delta, and disputed the charge with my credit card company. Delta refuses to credit me the appropriate amount. I believe that Delta should be obligated to honor a price that one of their agents represented. I will never fly this airline again and am currently considering taking this grievance to small claims court.

Sincerely,

Southwest Airlines' Newest Client
Old 11-04-2011, 04:37 PM

Welcome to the Delta experience.... you are right to change airlines, they are a disgrace!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:37 PM

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
Welcome to the Delta experience.... you are right to change airlines, they are a disgrace!
Delta is the pits. UNfortunately I live in South Florida and it is difficult to get out of here (which one wants to do OFTEN) without them. THe other major alternative is Spirit, which will just crash you into the Everglades, where you would rather be after having to deal with them and their dirty planes, hidden fees (yes, they charge you for carry ons, which you only get told once you are there, and outrage sums for regular baggage checkins) and their unhappy personnel who seem to have decided to take out their anger on passengers instead of management. Talk about garbage airlines. But then, they are based in Florida.

Last edited by Mchag; 04-27-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: adding
Old 04-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Airline Employee

The "crash you in the everglades" comment makes me think you are remembering the valu jet crash? If so that is entirely unrelated to spirit. Valu jet purchased air Tran then kept their name, and obviously now air Tran has been purchased by southwest.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:32 AM

Default Yes but

Yes, but I was using it figuratively, not literally. YOu might as well, for the way that you are treated before on and after travel.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post

THe other major alternative is Spirit, which will just crash you into the Everglades, where you would rather be after having to deal with them and their dirty planes, hidden fees (yes, they charge you for carry ons, which you only get told once you are there, and outrage sums for regular baggage checkins) and their unhappy personnel who seem to have decided to take out their anger on passengers instead of management. Talk about garbage airlines.

——————————————————————————
cheap nfl jersey
cheap nike elite nfl jerseys
Nike NFL Trade Cleveland Browns Jersey
Old 09-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Airline Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchag View Post
Delta is the pits. UNfortunately I live in South Florida and it is difficult to get out of here (which one wants to do OFTEN) without them. THe other major alternative is Spirit, which will just crash you into the Everglades, where you would rather be after having to deal with them and their dirty planes, hidden fees (yes, they charge you for carry ons, which you only get told once you are there, and outrage sums for regular baggage checkins) and their unhappy personnel who seem to have decided to take out their anger on passengers instead of management. Talk about garbage airlines. But then, they are based in Florida.
Hmmmm......when my family and I travel out of S. Fla we fly JetBlue (they fly from FLL to NAS, SDQ, CUN, KIN, BOG for international flights with more to come), US Airways, American, and of course if we need to fly over seas, we use European air carriers. We go out of our way to avoid NK.