Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > U.S. Airline Complaints > United Airlines Complaints > Complaints > Reservations

Reservations Had a problem making, or with, any Reservations?

Free Dating Site

Old 10-10-2012, 04:30 AM

Thumbs down United Changed my flight schedule to a VERY BAD ONE

When I purchased the ticket at united.com, I decided to pay more to get a better flight schedule. The airline changed my flight schedule from 7:30am to one at 5:30am by email because of "flight cancellation". After spending more than an hour on the phone, I changed to another flight at 7:59am. The same situation also happened to my wife's trip with UNITED AIRLINE. In my opinion, this is an unreliable airline as it will change your flight schedule at your cost for their PROFIT. This new UNITED, after merged with Continental, is the worst airline in my list. I will avoid using it!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:33 AM
cortney cortney is offline
Airline Employee

Join Date: Sep 2009

2 hours is a bad one? i was flying United from ORD-HNL, flight was nonstop at 8am, they changed it to a connection leaving at 10am getting in around 6pm. i Just called told them it wasnt going to work since my brother was flying on northwest, they just rebooked me at 6am nonstop and got in about an earlier than my brother. no biggie. didnt charge me. and if you think any other airline wont do this...WRONG!!! im flying Amercian dec.1 and returning dec.9. just recieved an email that my 2:30pm flight out of mia back to ord has changed to 2pm, im not saying i wont fly united or aa again. airlines will always change their schedules..ALL of them
Old 10-11-2012, 04:22 AM

Thumbs down United is unreliable

I am not saying UNITED AIRLINE treated me the worst. My wife's schedule was changed for a few DAYS LATE! My daughter's ticket was changed to a schedule different for my wife but they traveled together! I just wanted to say this airline is getting A LOT WORSE after the merger. It has NO interest to serve customers.

Cancellation does not justify cheating the customers: It asked for high price with a FAKE better schedule. After the customer paid, then, in the name cancellation, it asked the customer to accept a very bad schedule. I had used this airline for more than 15 years but this kind of "cancellation" happened to me and my wife in the last two weeks is certainly new to me. In conclusion, this airline is attaining its new low.

ALL I want to say is that: UNITED IS UNRELIABLE! AVOID THIS AIRLINE!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:49 PM
azstar azstar is offline

Unfortunately, all airlines have schedule changes. Too many of them, in my opinion. If you have an unacceptable schedule change you can call and request a refund, or call and almost every airline will put you on flights that you do find acceptable. I think so many problems occur due to computer "robot" rescheduling. Frequently, and airline will change a flight number, or departure time by a couple of minutes. The computer looks for an available flight within the same fare inventory. So, rather than automatically rebooking on a flight within minutes of your original flight, you get rebooked on flights hours earlier, or later, than your original. That's happened to me on several airlines.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:48 PM

Thumbs down United--My bottom airline

I have never had these well planned changes or cancellations before. It changed the concept of "buying thing". The website may sell fake schedules to their customers. After the customers have paid, they will be asked to accept whatever UNITED offers to you by email. Certainly, the customers can call and change the schedules IF they find out the change promptly and they are willing to spend hours on UNITED's decision to change your flight schedules.

United provided the worst service to me among all the airlines that I had flew. If you don't care what you pay for, you can buy ticket from united.com. Since UNITED will change the schedule whenever UNITED can benefit from it, the air ticket that you purchase now may not even exist when you need to fly. In my opinion, UNITED SUCKS! I certainly will avoid this airline!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:29 PM
info_guy info_guy is offline

Originally Posted by Richard12 View Post
As a part of companies regulations , if a time change is not good for you in a schedule change,you can request the full refund of a tkt or a change that really fits your personal time.

A company cannot impose you something, and that is not legal.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:31 PM

Thumbs down United--My bottom airline

I called the customer service to ask for a reasonable schedule but the response was negative at the first place. I got mad at the company and asked to talk to someone I could make my complaint. Meanwhile, I found a reasonable schedule and requested for that reasonable one. After more than an hour or struggle, I could keep my schedule of the whole trip. UNITED WASTED MY TIME!

In many case, refund is unacceptable. If the airline informs the customer a ridiculous change a couple of days or even a week before the departure, there is almost no way the customers can switch to another airline with reasonable price, and they are forced to accept whatever the airline offer. Meanwhile, they claim this is common and normal. Only fool will believe what they say. The only goal of this NEW UNITED airline is to increase its PROFIT at the expenses of their customers.

I have heard so many complaints from my family and my friends recently. I encouraged them to write their complaints to a few channels for each incidence such as

In conclusion, United SUCKS!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:20 PM
rankersite01 rankersite01 is offline

Join Date: Mar 2013
Default air transportation

List of many of the top Air Transportation, Nonscheduled companies in the world, with corporate logos. This list of major Air Transportation, Nonscheduled companies includes the largest and most profitable Air Transportation, Nonscheduled businesses, corporations and firms in this industry. All companies on this list of notable Air Transportation, Nonscheduled firms are shown alphabetically, but can be sorted by any column. If you are wondering what the biggest air transportation
Old 06-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Cettie Cettie is offline

Join Date: Jun 2013

They just changed my schedule to a departure many many hours earlier, that would have almost been acceptable if it had meant that I would be getting home many hours earlier on my return flight but noooo, all it means is I will be rolling for the airport at 2 am in order to return my rental car before the office opens and being able to sit in a connecting airport for 4+ hours extra before ultimately gettig home somewhere around midnight to 1:00 am the next day---and this is only a trip from California to NY state. Last year they fouled up royally when my departure was delayed 7 hours, so far they're batting 1000.

Even more interesting is I wouldn't have known if I'd gone by the original print out when I booked the July reservation last January, maybe shown up at the airport only to learn that my flight home had left some hours before I got there? GRRRR.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 PM

Why are airlines able to do this bait and switch? They post fictitious schedules, charge premium prices for them then dump a revised schedule which is often must worse, involves stop-overs and there is no compensation. The passenger is left with a take it or leave it option, with often no realistic alternative, or an alternative which is now ridiculously expensive. This badly needs to be regulated. Airlines should be required to pay compensation for significant schedule changes.

change, flight schedule, united

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changed my flight without notice Ashleighwylie Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 3 05-09-2012 01:00 AM
Changed itinerary, booked us in earlier flight, original flight still exists flyer1998 Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 3 05-12-2011 06:34 PM
Flight Changed...No Notice! Timetraveler Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 2 03-23-2011 04:42 PM
Flight canceled / changed chatakat Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 9 07-19-2009 02:09 AM
United Changed Our Reservations -- no notice! scottgoold Reservations 21 02-04-2009 01:21 AM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors