COMPLAINT: Top 3 in-flight services that Singapore Airlines needs to improve

Old Aug 23, 2010, 2:55 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Hi there~

i'm new here, so i hope everyone of u can help me a bit.

well i always hear how fantastic is the in-flight services of Singapore Airlines but i'm sure there are things that SIA can improve on or rather things that they still haven't improve yet even when there are so many negative feedback.

so anyone there who has been taking so many different flights can compare to SIA too.

Plz state the top 3 services SIA needs to improve and why.

Thank You ^-^
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:21 AM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Never taken them but as an employee, why don't you get the ball rolling??
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:36 AM

Just flew from Hou to moscow then sinapore on to manila. After numerous problems...audio not working on entertainment system(not fun on such a long flight), light not being able to be turned off above the seat, crying babies- after paying surcharge for a legroom seat, Gold Elite having the luggage split with priority tags... so it was necessary to wait for baggage and go through customs, running out of preferred meals twice, and to cap it off them NOT awarding the great number of miles the trip should have earned.

No where did they make it clear that it was Q class and mileage wouldn't award miles to another Star partner. Worse there was a button to click.. the cost would have been very little or not at all. Can not get customer service to help at all. THEY DON"T HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Only a call center in India. I have detailed specifically what happened on their web site. Two weeks later no response. I am so frustrated. The lack of mileage for me and my gf will drop our elite status for next year... and lose us a great deal of miles. I was even willling to pay a higher class if there was an upfee.

If they won't resolve this in a reasonable way, I will never fly this airline again. I will be sure to warn everyone that this airline does not have both good customer service, or treat the customer in a fair and equitable way.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:52 PM

#1- i can agree with you on the entertainment system, its always a pain and for a long haul its not fun, but this crap happens, our screens go bad once in a while too, i always bring a book and my ipod plus advil pm.

#2-crying babies...yeah well the parents also paid for that extra leg room too. crying babies aren't fun no doubt. i was in a row behind the bulk head on an air india flight and a couple had their screaming infants with them in business class...think how those people felt. but they have a right to fly too and pay for the extra leg room like you or me

#3-well you have to go through customs anyway

#4-ran out of your preferred meal...happend to me on Turkish airlines and other airlines, oh well. they cant cater 100% of each meal choice, imagne the waste. when i fly as crew, alot of our passengers dont get their first meal choice. why the majority of the flying public prefers dried out chicken over pasta is something i try to understand

#5-the award miles. its in the fine print..depending on class of service, routes etc..
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:31 PM

Yeah, the parents with the crying babies are getting served meals before everyone else, a bassinet, in general special treatment.

No comment about no customer service number. Yeah, read the fine print... which isn't clear. Anyway, if the corporate office can't offer the mileage(just checked... doesn't cost any more), just because a wrong button was clicked... this airline won't get me or any of my employees on their airline. Too much competion for an airlines not to meet half way. Especially tired of talking to a rep in India who reads a script about how sorry they are... can do nothing to resolve the situation and barely understands or speaks English.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
when i fly as crew, alot of our passengers dont get their first meal choice. why the majority of the flying public prefers dried out chicken over pasta is something i try to understand
Surely the better thing to do Cortney is to feed back to your managers that the public prefers chicken over pasta and in future cater more chicken so supply and demand are more closely matched....Or is that a bit too customer focussed for airline employees?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 3:14 AM

HA!! we did!!! and believe it or not they listend!! we usually get 60% chicken and 40% pasta out of Germany but we still run out of dried up crap chicken. the other day it was about 80%pasta and 20% fish out of Bishkek...guess what..ran out of pasta...it happens all the time, not everybody gets their first choice...bottom line, when i fly as a passenger, i usually dont either since im in sardine class in the center seat but i eat what is left over and deal with it or bring my own snacks
Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:57 AM

Airline food anyway is just a nightmare... but for long haul, better than nothing...!! Still, if they listened, you must not work for one of the majors... !!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:43 AM

Agreed!!! and no i dont and i never will nor do i want to. my friend works for your "favorite" delta and told me she would recommend me if i wanted to switch...no thanks.