COMPLAINT: Singapore Airlines regularly fail to register miles flown on partner airlines

Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:47 AM

On 8 of the last 10 times I have flown with partners of Singapore Airlines, the miles have failed to register. You first give a few weeks and when the miles don't come up, you fill up and submit an online form to Krisflyer. They say it will take up to 8 weeks for it to clock up. So even if you wait only two weeks in the first instance, it takes up to 10 weeks for you to know if the miles will show up. THEN when it doesn't, you need to chase them to see why it didn't take place. Eventually it works but the amount of time and energy it takes is a joke. I've brought this matter up on numerous occasions, but only get the standard customer service reply.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:02 AM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Originally Posted by Shahidul alam View Post
On 8 of the last 10 times I have flown with partners of Singapore Airlines, the miles have failed to register. You first give a few weeks and when the miles don't come up, you fill up and submit an online form to Krisflyer. They say it will take up to 8 weeks for it to clock up. So even if you wait only two weeks in the first instance, it takes up to 10 weeks for you to know if the miles will show up. THEN when it doesn't, you need to chase them to see why it didn't take place. Eventually it works but the amount of time and energy it takes is a joke. I've brought this matter up on numerous occasions, but only get the standard customer service reply.
Some of the segments may not qualify so the frequent flyer department crew have to review which segments qualify before crediting them to your account.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:30 AM

And it takes 8 weeks to do so? And this from an airline that claims to be one of the world's best? Why aren't the miles for a flight that I took on the 18th May not yet registered in the first place?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:31 PM

Well, flights on 18th May and 31st May have still not been credited. Repeated faxed messages for claims have remained unanswered. I can understand a review, but still deserve an answer.

Dr. Shahidul Alam