COMPLAINT: Horrible Delay on JFK

Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:52 AM
meggie123 meggie123 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2016

I want to have short vacation with my old parents to United States.
I choose SQ because I though its was the best airlines and there was a little promotion price.
My flight was start on 26 September 2016 from SUB boarding at 6.40 PM with sq 5225 (operated by Silk air ) to SIN.
Then the next flight gonna be from SIN - JFK (sq 026) with 1 stop on Frankfurt FRA. Boarding from SIN at 11.55 PM and arrived in early morning in JFK ( I forgot the time ). All of the passenger have to go inside the airport then moving to the connecting gate. Around 40 minutes waiting in FRA was and pretty long walk to the gate we still able to see some 24 hours store.
Then all the passenger check in again and boarding. the plane was already moving then suddenly stop. after about an hour on the plane, the captain give announcement that there is something wrong with the plane and they need further checking for about 30 minutes.
after 30 minutes of waiting, the captain told us that there is a technical problem and there is no free hangar for us to wait in the airport. So all of us have to wait inside the plane. The captain also said that he was waiting for the ground technician to come and find out whats wrong with the plane.
30 minutes waiting and the technician came to check whats possibly wrong.
Another 30 minutes for checking.
Then come a solution that they need to clear the fuel and refill again because there is a contamination. They hope it will fix the problem and we have to wait for about an hour for this activity.
An hour passed, then they recheck again for about 30 minutes ?
And they can't figured out whats wrong so we have to wait for another 30 minutes.

For about 5-6 hours waiting inside the plane, with only water and peanuts, its really not a nice experience.
I even saw 2 babies with no food ( luckily the parent bring banana for the baby so they are not too starving).

Then the captain said we all can go down to get our refreshment on the restaurant while waiting for the problem solved.
We all are starving and eat for about an hour and half ( I still see the babies got no food, the parents looks so mad because of it, even the ground crew can do nothing about it. )
40 minutes asking for explanation of what happen and what we supposed to do because there is no other flight to JFK at all and we have to wait until plane ready or night come first so they can give us hotel to rest.
Then suddenly all the stewardess walking so fast to the gate, people look at them and see enlightment that the problem was solved.
Some of the passenger were cancelled their flight but for us which doesn't know anything about German have to continue our journey. The monitor in front of me have problem so I can't used it at all, so all I can do just try to rest & sleep.

Arrived at JFK at almost midnight and we got water bottled and cookies only.
We missed our train to DC and just want to go to hotel and rest.
Luckily we have friend on NY that pick us to rest as soon as we arrived on JFK.
What a long journey and the worst news is, after I email them so much to ask about my rights when there is delay flight, they offered us 75SGD inflight voucher for the compensation of this horrible experience.
Its really something awful, even our lost amtrak train ticket was cost almost 200 USD.

In-flight Issue Horrible plane, and horrible flight. mdredkar Etihad Airways Complaints 0 May 7, 2016 9:36 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Etihad made my holiday trip horrible due to long delay Muralidharan Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Mar 3, 2016 3:04 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked overbooked 24 hr in AD. Horrible customer service. Horrible airport hotel. bkktraveller Etihad Airways Complaints 3 Dec 30, 2015 6:53 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delay UA 41 BRU to EWR 7/31/13 AlKoralek United Airlines Complaints 3 Aug 16, 2013 12:05 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delay after delay mikeandlinda United Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 11, 2012 1:11 AM