Tools...

Old Jun 16, 2009, 5:56 PM

Default Delayed bag, wedding on schedule

I flew from Austin, TX to Huntsville, Al. I had a connection at DFW. American Airlines tagged my bag from Austin into DFW—not Huntsville. When I arrived in Huntsville, I discovered that my bag was not there.

I was instructed to call a 1-800 number by the baggage claim office. After locating my bag in DFW, the representative assured me that the bag would be placed on the first flight into Atlanta (where the wedding was to be held the following day) by a girl named Hannah. He asked me to pick up the bag from the Atlanta airport any time after 10 AM EST, and I agreed. Since I had been on business for three weeks prior to my return, all of my formal clothing was in the delayed suitcase.

When I arrived at the Atlanta Airport at 2:30 PM EST, the bag was not there, and the baggage claim representative informed me that the bag was still at DFW. I only had shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt for the wedding. As a result, I had to purchase cloths or miss the wedding.

I purchased one business formal outfit (slacks, tie, dress shirt, dress socks, and leather shoes) to wear to the wedding. I was a few minutes late to the event, but I did make it.

I spent $500, and I have an itemized receipt. My bag was finally delivered three days later. I have emailed a complaint to the airline using the AA.com website (sent June 13, 2009), but I have not received a reply yet.

What are the chances that I will be compensated for any of my expenses? Who should I contact next?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA_Has_One_Chance View Post
I spent $500, and I have an itemized receipt. My bag was finally delivered three days later. I have emailed a complaint to the airline using the AA.com website (sent June 13, 2009), but I have not received a reply yet.

What are the chances that I will be compensated for any of my expenses? Who should I contact next?
You e-mailed AA on Saturday and it's just Tuesday afternoon. They've only had 1.5 business days. Be patient.

As to your chances for compensation, here's what is on AA.com:

Quote:
Consequential Expenses
Consequential expenses authorized in advance of purchase by an American Airlines/American Eagle representative can be reimbursed with dated, itemized, original receipts within 30 days at any of our airport or city ticket office locations.

The key words here are "authorized in advance of purchase." If you received no such authorization I'm afraid you've got a battle ahead of you. Small claims court may be your only option.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 5:29 PM

Smile AA Earned a Lifetime Customer

Thanks PHX Flyer!

I wrote a second letter with my company's letter head and faxed it to customer relations. I also went to the Huntsville airport and spoke to the local representative. I told her my story and asked if she could help. I was instructed to return the next day and speak with the manager.

When I returned, I presented all of my information, and she reimbursed me--down to the last penny. She asked me to check my bag tags in the future and apologized for the mis-hap. A few hours later, I received an email from a representative explaining that this is not the normal policy, but the airline made an exception due to the circumstances.

I will be an American Airlines flyer for life. I am completely satisfied and could not have asked for a better deal.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:55 AM

Default Bestforbride.com

No i have problem. You should make sure that the wedding style and time matches your new choice in fashion and time.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:51 AM

Your complain is processing. I think you will get your bag in late.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to mars6423

mason.....you do realize this is a little less than a month ago?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to mars6423

since the last post but over a year since the complaint?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Researcher

Dear user: I am developing a Doctoral research on Mishandled baggage (see General Discussion- Mishandled Baggage Research ) Could you please, provide the airline complaint form (minus personal information) you filled with the airline or send me an email to [email protected] and I will send a survey. The survey is very similar to the one you must file with the airline and does not contain personal information.
Thanks before hand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More options...