COMPLAINT: KLM causing a Royal Dutch hit to my wallet

Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:46 PM

My wife and I booked a dream vacation flight online using KLM online for an upcoming trip. KLM took our booking and sent an email confirmation of our booking. Three weeks later without being notified we realized our credit card was not charged. When we looked into it KLM has cancelled our booking and did not notify us.

I have now called twice and no one can tell me why the booking was cancelled and there is nothing they can do to fix this. They are happy to rebook us on the flights we had originally booked at a price $4,000 more than what we had originally booked. I feel scammed. They could do this to anyone. Imagine they allow people to express interest in certain flights, and then reject bookings to delay until prices increase. Then it's too late and they have all the leverage.

I checked with amex to ensure they had not rejected the charge, and they repoorted back that they gave an approval for the charges on the same date we had booked online.

I am dumbfounded by the total lack of acknowledgement to what has occured to us and I am not dropping it until it is rectified.

If anyone can help me escalate this further I'd be very appreciative. So far I have put a nasty post on my facebook account, i am also tweeting about it, and I have attemtpted to email the CEO of KLM, Peter Hartman, and now I am submitting this complaint in the hopes that someone who can help will read this and reach out to me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:
Old Sep 2, 2012, 8:22 PM

Did you receive any confirmation which had ticket numbers listed?

Tags
klm, lost booking