Mileage Plus Complaints

Mileage plus problem, employee incompetence, misinformation

Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:48 AM
washington washington is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007

On or around Jan. 24, I reserved 6 tickets for 7 passengers (one is an infant) using my and my husband's frequent flyer miles. I am afraid to include the reservation number in this email, for fear that it could be misused by others, but I have given it to the United reps I've talked to. The tickets are for my son (Mark Gallagher), his wife, and his children to use to fly from Los Angeles to Washington, D.C. in May for a family wedding. Their last name is different than mine. Although I've been told conflicting things by various United reps, most of them say that the tickets have to be paper, and must be mailed to me at my home address. That's ok with me. Despite repeated efforts, I have not yet received the tickets. Every time I call, the person I speak to "guarantees" that I will receive the tickets within a specified period of time, but they never arrive. They also "guarantee" that they will at least email me the itinerary, but it never arrives. The people I have spoken to have been unfriendly, unhelpful, and uninformed. They just want to get me off the phone, and pass the buck to the person who talks to me the next time. They are the opposite of "problem solvers." Thus far, I've spoken to Richard Brown (Feb 26), Sharon Pindo (March 5), Ronnie Coleman and Supervisor Samanth (March 7) and Alex Matthew (March 8). They've all told me something different. When I called United's Customer Relations line (877-228-1327), I ended up back on the phone with the same reservations office I'd talked to many times before. I want my tickets so that my son can attend his sister's wedding -- his little boy is the ringbearer and his daughters are the flower girl and junior bridesmaids. The reservation is in the United system. But they just can't get the tickets to me, nor even email me the itinerary. I also wonder whether the names I have been given are false names. I don't care if the United reps use pseudonyms, so long as United knows what names they are using, so that they can identify the people I am complaining about.

Baggage Problems Can't handle luggage -- incompetence Watchful1 Southwest Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 26, 2007 12:18 PM
Mileage plus problem, it is impossible to use UA website jkusch Mileage Plus Complaints 0 Apr 13, 2007 12:10 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked No consideration for special needs, employee incompetence ryoung United Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 17, 2007 4:09 AM

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.