Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > International Airline Complaints > Air Canada Complaints > Complaints > Customer Service

Customer Service Have you had any problems with Air Canada's Customer Service? Have Air Canada employees treated you poorly?

Free Dating Site

Old 01-03-2009, 11:32 PM

Join Date: Jan 2009
Default Air Canada Can't Handle Customers Luggages And Is Rude On Phone!

I am a university student and was so excited to go away for a vacation once my exam was over. Little did I know it is just the beginning of another nightmare. Upon traveling to Montreal where my trip was designed. Upon arrival, I waited over an hour for my luggage only to find out they misplaced else where. When I went to ask them earlier they told me it's here, it's here just wait sir. I arrived to Montreal all smelly because of sweat and with them misplacing my baggage I can not shower that night which gave me a terrible rash because of the sweat and I keep on scratching.
Then upon my return to where I go to school, they lost or misplace my baggage again! It's been 40+ hours and they still don't know where my baggage was. I called back in between and each time they collect a tiny bit of information from me saying it will help them to locate my bag (why don't they just ask me all at once? won't it help to locate my baggage a lot faster than waiting for me to call back several hours later each time?) Yes, I am partially at fault for raising my voice but I was so frustrated. Due to them losing my baggage I haven't showed for 3 days, and I can't sleep at all (I am sleep deprive) because it's extremely difficult for me going to bed dirty. But I must say, I never personally attack the agent. I just told him how frustrated I was with slightly higher voice then normal, but who doesn't giving the situation I am in. I also have class on Monday. Then here come the drum roll. The agent (he) thought it would be wise to put the blame on me giving I was already so ******. He said maybe I didn't pack my baggage properly. Do these people even think before they say anything? I mean, if it wasn't pack properly then it would still be in Montreal where I checked in. The fact is, it is not which mean it has left Montreal and these moron lost it somehow between the connecting flight. Oh yeah I have $100 dollars with of food which I plan to eat upon my arrival because it's a late night flight. So yeah, I arrive to Thunder Bay empty stomached for the entire night! And an other drum roll... HE HUNG UP ON ME EVEN BEFORE I FINISHED MY SENTENCE! STEFFANIE IN FULL HOUSE WOULD HAVE SAID HOW RUDE! Anyway, I called back waited over 20 minutes for the agent (each time I called the baggage service back I always have to wait because of higher volume of calls - I bet due to their service) and without saying anything HE FREAKING HUNG UP ON ME AGAIN! Seriously, what happen to treating customer like king. They're treating their customer worst than trash.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:33 PM
countrynewsman countrynewsman is offline

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Killeen, Texas

Gee...I'm sure glad I wasn't sitting in a seat next to you! I wasn't aware that a lost bag prevented one from showering for three days, caused sleep deprivation, and prevented one from eating. I'm surprised your lost bag didn't cause your car to be repossessed or your house foreclosed. Lost/Delayed bags are a total pain...I agree...but let's not exaggerate the consequences.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Airline Employee

you must have had a hotel room in montreal to shower in, and when you got back home i KNOW you have a shower there
Old 01-04-2009, 05:18 PM

Default Read It Properly

I have no clothes at all, it's all in my baggage..how am i supposed to shower without anything to change? I am not wearing my dirty clothes again after showering... geez..
Old 01-04-2009, 05:51 PM
countrynewsman countrynewsman is offline

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Killeen, Texas

I rest my case.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Airline Employee

in your post you state, "Then upon my return to where I go to school, they lost or misplace my baggage again" is telling me that you are home. so...your saying that you have NO clothes in your apartment/house/dorm etc. where you go to school. you took every piece of clothing with you?? that doesn't make sense to me
Old 01-04-2009, 10:40 PM

Default Yes, I took all my clothes whereever I go

And how does that not making any sense? Not everyone have a closet full of clothes.. I have exactly only 2 weeks of clothes worth and since I am on a 3 weeks vacation, I think it would make perfect sense to bring all my belonging with me so I have something to change. Excuses me for not having all the extra clothes in the world. Beside, if you stop picking and just damn read what I write, I believe what got me fed up was the agent just hung up the phone one me right before I can even finish my sentence and they did it again when I call back only waiting 15+ minutes for them. That's what is extremely rude. And when they don't have anything else to say, they put the blame on my packing.. my fault? Stop defending for them, it's either you're damn too bored are you're with them. In that case, don't even bother I wouldn't even care what you think.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Airline Employee

im not defending them...did i even say i was? no. do you think i knew that you only have 2 weeks worth of clothes in your home? no. do i work for air canada? no. i have ne desire to work for a large carrier. if they gave you a file reference number at the airport when you filed the claim you can trac your bag on the air canada website. agree that the agent shouldn't have been rude...customer service has gone down and it just pisses of the travelers more and more. after 5 days you can fill out a baggage declaration form heres the website i found this
hope you get your bag back
Old 01-06-2009, 01:13 AM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

Wow. This is what the universities are turning out these days? Makes one wonder what the value of a college education is.

It is apparent from your retorts (definition here if you need it) to Corbel and countrynewsman that you obviously have a bit of a chip on your shoulder. You admitted to speaking to an agent, who was only trying to help you, in an unprofessional mannner. Is it any wonder he hung up on you when you called back? If you treat service employees with repect and dignity it will yield far more results than yelling at them.

As for your claim of hardship even after you returned from your trip, I'm not buying it. Even if you had nothing else but the clothes you were wearing couldn't you have borrowed some clothes from a friend to wear while you showered and laundered your own clothes? C'mon, you're a University student. Learn to think "outside the box."
Old 01-06-2009, 04:13 AM
hliiza hliiza is offline

Join Date: Jan 2009

I am sorry to hear what happened with your luggage situation.

If you claim that luggage is your main concern then why do you consume all your time in writing your clothing and bath issue?

You could have edit your bed, bathing and clothes issues. Just state your luggage problem.

Then maybe everyone will stop "picking and just damn read what I write."

We are reading what you write. I think it is safe to say (and I think everyone will probably agree) that after reading your post, the highlight is your hygiene.

I don't know what universities are teaching these days. But they should start emphasizing on hygiene and manners. Either that, you need to get a call center job and start learning on customer relations. FYI, if you swear, the call-rep can hang up on you.

You could have went to AC customer information desk. They could at least give you a small check enough for you a days worth of clothes.

The way how you write and your methods of dealing things so far in this thread explains why the AC customer reps would even hang up on you.

Treat the way you want to be treated.

Especially dealing with airlines, with that attitude of yours won't talk you anywhere. Have you ever watched the realty series Airline on A&E (Southwest Airlines)?

I don't understand why you would exaggerate so bad. I agree with coutnrynewsman.

If you stayed at the hotel/motel you can:
  1. Shower
  2. Wear a robe
  3. If you don't have a robe, wear towel
  4. Call for hotel service or concierge
  5. Get your clothes watch (they will pick it up for you)
  6. Repeat again until the end of your trip.
There. You won't have to be sleep deprived and still you can be cleaned.

If you stayed at someone's house that would be even easier. Use their washing machine!

It makes me wonder where did you stay during your trip. The streets? You could have asked a random hobo for some tips then...

I hope you didn't even tell the AC rep about your clothing and shower problem. Because then you would be the laughing joke for the next few weeks.

This was the reason why I didn't even bother writing anything at all -you act like a 3 year old.

Yes, AC are retards for screwing up with your luggage, but you not knowing how to deal with your part is pathetic.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
paying for check in bag and paying for reservation on the phone skram General Discussion 10 11-08-2008 04:35 AM
Dumb phone agents, website crashes, don't honor specials mar31 Customer Service 4 03-17-2008 02:04 PM
Can't handle luggage -- incompetence Watchful1 Baggage Problems 0 04-26-2007 12:18 PM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors