Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > U.S. Airline Complaints > Delta Air Lines Complaints > Complaints > Baggage Problems

Baggage Problems Had any problems with your baggage?

Free Dating Site

Old 04-11-2010, 07:40 PM
djavaxk1970 djavaxk1970 is offline

Join Date: Apr 2010
Default Stolen Items from my Baggage

I had flight with Delta on April 6-th from Charlotte NC to Yerevan Armenia, connected in Atlanta and Paris. My flight was late in 5-10 min, and I was redirected from Atlanta to London and From London to Yerevan. But my baggage folloed original way from Atlanta to Paris and Yerevan. Items from my baggage was stolen in Atlanta, and instead they put a used dirty staff wrapped in paper from Holiday Inn, in Atlanta. That's why I,m sure it's happened in Atlanta, GA. This is my first and least Experience with Delta. They are not responsible, and have terrible consumer service.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:42 PM
djavaxk1970 djavaxk1970 is offline

Join Date: Apr 2010
Default Stolen Items From Baggage, at Delta terminal

I have got e-mail from Delta and they ask 2-3 days to give me an answer for my baggage delay of 4 days and stolen items. And they repeat that every time. Today they send to me same responde and asking 14 days. What is next 14 weeks?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:22 PM

They will not resolve this to your satisfaction. The only thing you can do with Delta is resolve never to fly with them again. The charge full service and deliver low cost.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:05 PM
AirVictim AirVictim is offline

Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Delta Baggage

In August of 2009 I flew to Las Vegas to play in a pool tournament. I had not flown since before 9/11, so I knew security was heightened. I was told that I couldn't carry my pool stick as "carry on". So, packing light, I put everything in one bag that I checked in. Delta/Northwest charged me for this.
When I got to the hotel in Las Vegas, I opened my bag and my camera gear was missing. I went back to the airport and filed a stolen item report. Two weeks after I got home, I received a letter from the woman in charge of Delta/Northwest's baggage complaint dept. She asked me for receipts for my camera gear. I dutilfully made copies of all my receipts and sent them to her. Two weeks after that, I got a letter from her saying that Delta/Northwest would not reimburse me, and that they weren't responsible.
Okay, forget my camera equipment. Tell me how baggage handlers can come and go into the airport without being searched or questioned when one is leaving with a camera bag? Later, via the internet, I learned that the FBI had busted Delta/Northwest baggage handlers in Miami and Washington state for running theft rings.
Why is it that passengers have to all but strip and be xrayed, and baggage handlers don't. They can put whatever they want on a plane.
I sent letters to all the major television networks, the FAA, Janet Napolitano (homeland security).
I received apolgetic form letters assuring me of the safety of United States airtravel.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:34 PM
IAmJulie IAmJulie is offline
AA Employee

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: BOS
Send a message via AIM to IAmJulie Send a message via MSN to IAmJulie

That's awful! Both of those stories. :\

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Items stolen from GATE CHECKED baggage Inkedadeal Baggage Problems 23 07-10-2009 05:37 PM
Items stolen by baggage handlers from carry on jessi9260 Baggage Problems 9 06-04-2009 12:41 AM
Items Stolen from Baggage back in August Chris323 Baggage Problems 2 03-04-2008 02:38 PM
Stolen Items darden Baggage Problems 1 10-09-2007 05:48 PM
Stolen items from luggage Peter Baggage Problems 1 10-09-2007 05:45 PM

Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi | Free Walking Tour Barcelona
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

visitors