COMPLAINT: Stolen Items from my Baggage

Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:40 PM
djavaxk1970 djavaxk1970 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010

I had flight with Delta on April 6-th from Charlotte NC to Yerevan Armenia, connected in Atlanta and Paris. My flight was late in 5-10 min, and I was redirected from Atlanta to London and From London to Yerevan. But my baggage folloed original way from Atlanta to Paris and Yerevan. Items from my baggage was stolen in Atlanta, and instead they put a used dirty staff wrapped in paper from Holiday Inn, in Atlanta. That's why I,m sure it's happened in Atlanta, GA. This is my first and least Experience with Delta. They are not responsible, and have terrible consumer service.

Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:42 PM
djavaxk1970 djavaxk1970 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010

I have got e-mail from Delta and they ask 2-3 days to give me an answer for my baggage delay of 4 days and stolen items. And they repeat that every time. Today they send to me same responde and asking 14 days. What is next 14 weeks?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 3:22 PM

They will not resolve this to your satisfaction. The only thing you can do with Delta is resolve never to fly with them again. The charge full service and deliver low cost.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 5:05 PM
AirVictim AirVictim is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010

In August of 2009 I flew to Las Vegas to play in a pool tournament. I had not flown since before 9/11, so I knew security was heightened. I was told that I couldn't carry my pool stick as "carry on". So, packing light, I put everything in one bag that I checked in. Delta/Northwest charged me for this.
When I got to the hotel in Las Vegas, I opened my bag and my camera gear was missing. I went back to the airport and filed a stolen item report. Two weeks after I got home, I received a letter from the woman in charge of Delta/Northwest's baggage complaint dept. She asked me for receipts for my camera gear. I dutilfully made copies of all my receipts and sent them to her. Two weeks after that, I got a letter from her saying that Delta/Northwest would not reimburse me, and that they weren't responsible.
Okay, forget my camera equipment. Tell me how baggage handlers can come and go into the airport without being searched or questioned when one is leaving with a camera bag? Later, via the internet, I learned that the FBI had busted Delta/Northwest baggage handlers in Miami and Washington state for running theft rings.
Why is it that passengers have to all but strip and be xrayed, and baggage handlers don't. They can put whatever they want on a plane.
I sent letters to all the major television networks, the FAA, Janet Napolitano (homeland security).
I received apolgetic form letters assuring me of the safety of United States airtravel.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:34 PM
IAmJulie IAmJulie is offline
American Airlines Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: BOS
Send a message via AIM to IAmJulie Send a message via MSN to IAmJulie

That's awful! Both of those stories. :\

Baggage Problems Items stolen from GATE CHECKED baggage Inkedadeal United Airlines Complaints 23 Jul 10, 2009 5:37 PM
Baggage Problems Items stolen by baggage handlers from carry on jessi9260 Baggage Problems 9 Jun 4, 2009 12:41 AM
Baggage Problems Items Stolen from Baggage back in August Chris323 Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 2 Mar 4, 2008 3:38 PM
Baggage Problems Stolen Items darden Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 1 Oct 9, 2007 5:48 PM
Baggage Problems Stolen items from luggage Peter Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 1 Oct 9, 2007 5:45 PM

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.