Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > U.S. Airline Complaints > Delta Air Lines Complaints > Complaints > Customer Service
Register About Us FAQ Tips Airline Contacts Links Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Customer Service Have you had any problems with Delta's Customer Service? Have Delta employees treated you poorly?

Free Dating Site

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-20-2010, 03:56 PM
efj efj is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Angry Rude customer service

My daughter (17) was traveling to a program at University of Iowa today and was being met at the airport before 4pm. So we parked at the wrong terminal (construction redirect) and got to check in 42 minutes before our flight and were directed to the kiosks for check in. When the kiosk told us to check with check in, were told that she would have to take another flight and go to check in. Excuse me - tell me the whole story Ms. Laurine Woodson. You mean she could still be on the flight but could not check her baggage? We went to check in and the gentleman was going to check us through once I explained the situation. However, he asked Ms. Woodson for a blue tag and she refused! Not only that she was rude and unsympathetic. Tell me my options Ms. Woodson - isn't that your job as the supervisor. I then asked for her supervisor and was told that she was at the gate. How can I talk to her without a ticket I asked? She smirked. After deciding to send her without her bag and seeing her off, I went back to check the bag for a later flight. Lovely Ms. Woodson then told me that wasn't possible - how about some customer service? Tell me my options be human. Never again Delta Airlines!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-20-2010, 09:45 PM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,195
Default

Sadly, a familiar tale with Delta...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:55 PM
justme justme is offline
Delta Employee
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 257
Default

efj, first off, there are agents in every company that do not hold up the standard of customer service we would hope, and I want to apologize for the fact that you had to meet and interact with one within our company. There are those who will say that everyone that works for Delta is this way, but I can assure you we are not. Now, to address your problem, which airport was your daughter flying out of? There are cutoff times for check-in to avoid passengers missing flights or luggage not making on the flight and being separated from the customer. I know you had to park at a different terminal due to construction, but would it have been possible to drop her off so she could check-in, then meet her in front of security to say goodbye? Also, I am curious what you mean when you say a "blue tag"? I am not familiar with any bag tags we have that are blue. And just a heads up... Since your daughter voluntarily separated from her bag, albeit her only choice at the time, they will not deliver it to her. All this said, I would encourage you to write to Delta here and/or call them at 1.800.221.1212 and/or write a snail mail letter to Delta Air Lines, P.O. Box 20980, Atlanta, GA 30320-2980. We need to know about bad apples in the bunch so they can be coached on how to better handle this in the future. Thanks for flying Delta, I hope you will give us another try.
__________________
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here.
- Mitch Hedberg
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-21-2010, 09:29 PM
efj efj is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Default reply

I had a feeling I would get a faster response from a website than from posting it to Delta, and that was the case. I posted first to Delta. I might have the color of the tag incorrect but the point is, this agent was willing to listen to my dilemma and give a human response. Ms. Woodson could only spout off rules which didn't give me any options and made me mad as hell. I feel the bag could have went on another flight and then I could have had a service take it to my daughter at the University of Iowa but was told that they couldn't do that. I went to send the bag via UPS and it cost $135! If your only concession is that you will train Ms. Woodson to be more emphatic, great. This is the responsibility of companies such as yours if you want to stay in business. However, it would take more for me to choose to travel with Delta in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-21-2010, 09:42 PM
efj efj is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Default

This was out of Philadelphia-city of brotherly love.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-21-2010, 09:52 PM
justme justme is offline
Delta Employee
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
If your only concession is that you will train Ms. Woodson to be more emphatic, great. This is the responsibility of companies such as yours if you want to stay in business.
Each case is different and should be treated differently when it comes to training, punishment, etc. That is why I encourage you to write a letter to Delta so that she can be re-trained when it comes to handling situations like yours, and if need be, punished if deemed necessary. I am not the one who makes the determinations for such things, but my personal opinion is that we (as a company) should not put up with employees who treat our customers with anything less than the utmost respect, compassion, and understanding. Obviously it was not your fault that there was construction going on therefore making you later than planned for check-in. If it had been me checking you in, I would have done it as fast as possible to give you and your bag the best chance of making it. That said, I would have also advised you that it was after the cut-off time so there are no guarantees that you or your bag will make it on the flight.

Quote:
I feel the bag could have went on another flight and then I could have had a service take it to my daughter at the University of Iowa but was told that they couldn't do that.
The reason that was not an option unfortunately was because you voluntarily separated from your bag. I know it's not what you wanted to do, and I know there weren't really any other options, but that is policy. I wish there was a different way to do it.

Quote:
I might have the color of the tag incorrect
I did not mean to make you think I was nitpicking your story, I was only trying to get a more detailed picture of what happened.

Again, thanks for flying Delta, I hope this issue gets resolved and you will try us again in the near future.
__________________
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here.
- Mitch Hedberg
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-21-2010, 10:26 PM
justme justme is offline
Delta Employee
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 257
Default

Delta's (as well as US Air and United) cutoff time for check-in with bags is indeed 45 minutes. The info is on their website here.

While you were admittedly checking in after this time, it was only 3 minutes and there shouldn't have been a problem getting both your daughter and her bags on the flight. I still think the situation was handled poorly. I looked up Ms. Woodson in our corporate directory and she is indeed a supervisor, which makes this failure all the more embarrassing. Again, please write to Delta so that this can be rectified.
__________________
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here.
- Mitch Hedberg
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-22-2010, 12:28 AM
efj efj is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Default

Boy, I wish it had been you there instead of Ms. Woodson. You know, all consumers hope for is to be treated in a way that is respectful and fair. I can deal with bad new but in that situation with teenager in tow, I need options and the courtesy of an explanation. I will write a letter to Delta(I've already written a post on the customer service portion of the website) and thank you for your response.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-23-2010, 07:05 AM
UpperLevel UpperLevel is offline
United Employee
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme View Post
Delta's (as well as US Air and United) cutoff time for check-in with bags is indeed 45 minutes. The info is on their website here.

While you were admittedly checking in after this time, it was only 3 minutes and there shouldn't have been a problem getting both your daughter and her bags on the flight. I still think the situation was handled poorly. I looked up Ms. Woodson in our corporate directory and she is indeed a supervisor, which makes this failure all the more embarrassing. Again, please write to Delta so that this can be rectified.
================
Regardless of the fact that you work for Delta and feel the need to over-apologize and make yourself look good, why don't you contact Ms. Woodson and get her side of the story? It is entirely possible that this passenger is exaggerating and may have been a lot later than 3 minutes. Also if you weren't there, how could you possibly know the tone or dynamics of any conversation?. If Ms. Woodson is indeed a supervisor, it would stand to reason that she already has a lot of customer service experience and does not need more "training". Sounds like she was doing her job correctly and typically, this passenger, like so many others cannot take a negative response; in other words cannot take a "no" answer. You should be more open to learning both sides of the story before you direct people to write and call, thereby serving as one-sided judges and executioners. Also, the moderators should **** out personal names of airline employees.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:21 AM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,195
Default

Quote:
Also, the moderators should **** out personal names of airline employees.
The customer dealt two employees at the airport. One wanted to help and the other didn't. The customer did as required to get on the flight, but was unhappy with the attitude of the supervisor. So now, the customer goes on a website and lets other customers know the story. They didn't try and pretend they were on time. They let people know there was another employee who was helpful. They were not abusive.

But, now the consumer knows to try and avoid Laurine Woodson, because she has a 'tude.

What is wrong with that? Why should they block out the name? The power of these sites is in the detail. Perhaps in future, when Laurine Woodson wants to cop an attitude, she will hesitate, if she knows her actions will be publicly exposed. Just like the infamous AA orange juice nazi.

I think these sites should name and shame. If Luarine Woodson wants to put her side, she can come on here and post her reply. What could be more democratic than that? It's freedom folks...

(Incidently, you don't fancy posting your name on here do you.. because you sound like the kind of nightmare airline employee we should also be avoiding).

Last edited by jimworcs; 06-23-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:10 AM
justme justme is offline
Delta Employee
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
over-apologize and make yourself look good
I'm apologizing because the customer was treated wrongly... I want to make it right so that he will hopefully return to Delta for future air travel. It has nothing to do with making myself look good. If you spend any time on this forum at all you would know I am not worried about that.

Quote:
why don't you contact Ms. Woodson and get her side of the story?
And how exactly do you suggest I go about that? Email her and say, hey, I heard a story about you being mean to a passenger, why don't you tell me what happened? Riiiight, I'm sure she would jump on that real quick and send me a full statement. Not to mention, she's not in my region. I'm in ATL, she's in PHL.

Quote:
It is entirely possible that this passenger is exaggerating and may have been a lot later than 3 minutes. Also if you weren't there, how could you possibly know the tone or dynamics of any conversation?.
Possible, sure... Probable, not really. Again, if you would spend a little more time on this forum, you would realize it is fairly easy to spot the folks who are stretching the truth in their favor. This is not one of those cases. Nuff said.

Quote:
If Ms. Woodson is indeed a supervisor, it would stand to reason that she already has a lot of customer service experience and does not need more "training".
Your reasoning is wrong. Supervisors don't necessarily receive any extra training. They are picked to be supervisors based on their experience and abilities. Obviously you will have some grumpy ones that slip thru the interview process that probably shouldn't be entrusted with the extra responsibility. It's unfortunate but it happens. That is one reason I keep encouraging EFJ to write a complaint, so that the incident can hopefully be reviewed and determine if she should really be a leader or if she was just having a bad day.

Quote:
You should be more open to learning both sides of the story before you direct people to write and call, thereby serving as one-sided judges and executioners.
He was going to write a complaint to Delta whether I told him to or not, I simply provided the addresses so he wouldn't have to look them up himself. I am not the judge nor the jury, that is up to the complaint resolution office at Delta.

Quote:
the moderators should **** out personal names of airline employees.
Our policy about wearing name tags is that customer facing employees have 2 options for their name tag. It can either be a first initial and last name or first name and last initial. That fact leads me to believe that she told him her name, in which case, she had to have known that it would be used in any complaint written. If she didn't want he name to be used, she wouldn't have told him.
__________________
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here.
- Mitch Hedberg
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-24-2010, 03:44 AM
The_Judge The_Judge is offline
Former Airline Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme
Our policy about wearing name tags is that customer facing employees have 2 options for their name tag. It can either be a first initial and last name or first name and last initial. That fact leads me to believe that she told him her name, in which case, she had to have known that it would be used in any complaint written. If she didn't want he name to be used, she wouldn't have told him.
That may be true however if I remember correctly (which I think I do) airline employees are also required to wear an airport badge displayed on their outer most garment above the waist which has first and last names spelled out. Unfortunately, it's easy to see and passenger just love to peer in to see your badge. Yes??

I have never really spoken out about this that I can remember but I truly believe that allowing last names here is wrong. Not my site and I'll abide by the rules but if I had my last name pasted across here, I would NOT be a happy person. Most passengers don't give their full name here as that is their option. An employee who has no control over what a passenger writes, is not afforded the same consideration. His/her last name can be thrown around willy nilly as previously done here. Then a comment that if the employee wanted to defend him/herself, all they would have to do is come here and do that. Absolutely bonkers to use that rational. How many airline employees are on this forum?? A miniscule percentage of a small number to the far right of a decimal point. They have no knowledge their name is here or even knowledge of this site, most likely.

This will not change the policy of names being used here but I feel a little better now.
__________________
Yes, the rules and policies favor the airlines unfairly. I do not dispute that.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-24-2010, 04:09 AM
UpperLevel UpperLevel is offline
United Employee
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
......(Incidently, you don't fancy posting your name on here do you.. because you sound like the kind of nightmare airline employee we should also be avoiding).
-------------------------------
I don't fancy posting my name here because cranky customers could use it; any lies could be told and I would have no defense. I'm sure you wouldn't want your name all over the internet concerning the Health Care business you are in. Really, is your last name Worcs ??.....highly doubtful.

Also, your last statement about a person not "fancying" posting their name would, for the same reasons, apply to your friends here on this thread - "efJ" and "JustMe". Obviously those are not names but initials or monikers.

Last edited by UpperLevel; 06-24-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-24-2010, 04:18 AM
justme justme is offline
Delta Employee
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
That may be true however if I remember correctly (which I think I do) airline employees are also required to wear an airport badge displayed on their outer most garment above the waist which has first and last names spelled out. Unfortunately, it's easy to see and passenger just love to peer in to see your badge. Yes??
Yes that is true, airport employees are required to wear an airport ID as well as an airline ID, both of which have their full name on them. In my experience tho, most employees find a way to have the names on the badges covered without completely covering the badge, as that would be a violation of rules. I know that on the face of it this practice seems a bit shady, why would we want to cover our names if we're being nice, right? Well, the sad truth is that we can't always do what the passenger wants, or tell them what they want to hear and that makes some of them angry. I personally like the policy that full names are NOT required on name tags, and think that passenger facing employees should be allowed to cover their names if they choose. You meet a LOT of people at the airport, and you have no idea who they are, what they do, or what they are capable of. The world today is scarier than it was years ago, and for that reason I do not blame anyone who covers their name or anyone who would write this or other forums and ask to have their name blocked out or removed. As for Ms. Woodson's name being here... I still think the way the passenger got it was either by her telling them, or by a co-worker telling them. I don't think there was any slander or liable going on, so don't see the harm in including her name in the statement. The subject is definitely a slippery slope, and I'm sure one that will be debated further.
__________________
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here.
- Mitch Hedberg
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 AM
UpperLevel UpperLevel is offline
United Employee
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme View Post
Yes that is true, airport employees are required to wear an airport ID as well as an airline ID, both of which have their full name on them. In my experience tho, most employees find a way to have the names on the badges covered without completely covering the badge, as that would be a violation of rules. I know that on the face of it this practice seems a bit shady, why would we want to cover our names if we're being nice, right? Well, the sad truth is that we can't always do what the passenger wants, or tell them what they want to hear and that makes some of them angry. I personally like the policy that full names are NOT required on name tags, and think that passenger facing employees should be allowed to cover their names if they choose. You meet a LOT of people at the airport, and you have no idea who they are, what they do, or what they are capable of. The world today is scarier than it was years ago, and for that reason I do not blame anyone who covers their name or anyone who would write this or other forums and ask to have their name blocked out or removed. As for Ms. Woodson's name being here... I still think the way the passenger got it was either by her telling them, or by a co-worker telling them. I don't think there was any slander or liable going on, so don't see the harm in including her name in the statement. The subject is definitely a slippery slope, and I'm sure one that will be debated further.
===========================
Thank you, appreciate your viewpoint. I, too, have to wear a name tag (prefer first initial and last name). We are not allowed to cover it up or hide it with another piece of clothing (jacket or sweater). At least you have acknowleged that some (not most) passengers are very difficult (if not impossible) to please, no matter what we say or do. I'm not defending bad things that happen to passengers at the hands of uncaring "customer service" agents; goodness knows I've worked around a few very bad apples but conversely passengers take names and then totally lie about situations. Wearing my name (with pride) at my place of business for United is one thing; having it flung all over any airline internet site or any other complaint site is quite another. If that's the case then airline employees should feel free to post the names of the most obnoxious, weird, rude screwballs they have ever encountered.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-24-2010, 05:09 AM
justme justme is offline
Delta Employee
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
We are not allowed to cover it up or hide it with another piece of clothing
Passenger facing employees at Delta are not allowed to cover their name tags either. What I was referring to covering are the airport and airline IDs. Those have your FULL name on them, and I know and have met quite a few employees from several different airlines that cover their badges, but not their name tags.

Quote:
If that's the case then airline employees should feel free to post the names of the most obnoxious, weird, rude screwballs they have ever encountered.
The problem with that is that, as much as they say this is an unbiased, independent, and objective website, it is not. It is very heavily weighted towards the passenger and very supportive of airline smearing. If you were to complain about a passenger you encountered here, it would be removed and you could possibly face being banned. Partially because of the lopsided rules, and partially because this website is to complain about airlines, not dumb things passengers do.
__________________
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here.
- Mitch Hedberg
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-24-2010, 06:18 AM
The_Judge The_Judge is offline
Former Airline Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
most employees find a way to have the names on the badges covered without completely covering the badge
Which is not a company violation like covering your name tag but a much more serious violation of FAA regulations. I hope those employees have a healthy bank account to pay any fine they may incur if caught by an overzealous FAA inspector.
__________________
Yes, the rules and policies favor the airlines unfairly. I do not dispute that.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-24-2010, 06:37 AM
justme justme is offline
Delta Employee
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 257
Default

Troy, I think the notion that it is a violation of federal law is maybe a bit too much. The regulation reads something like "the employees ID must be work on the outer most garment above the waist" but I don't think it specifically says anything about your name must be visible. I realize that's nitpicking the wording, but it's kinda like state laws saying that your license plate has to be visible, but they make products that supposedly block cameras from certain angles. The plate IS visible, but not necessarily readable from all angles. I don't think you would be hassled too much about putting a rubber band around your name whilst leaving the rest of the valid ID visible. As long as you don't physically alter the ID, I think you'd be ok. I have in the past been challenged by TSA and FAA inspectors walking around in secure areas checking IDs, and not one of them ever cared that I kept my ID inside my vest. To me, it always seemed like a safety hazard to have something dangling from my neck just waiting to get caught in all kinds of equipment. I kept it tucked in, and never had a problem as long as I could produce one and it was valid.
__________________
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here.
- Mitch Hedberg
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-24-2010, 07:18 AM
The_Judge The_Judge is offline
Former Airline Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,108
Default

Then you have been lucky. My co-worker had his tucked inside his shirt for the very same reason you mentioned. He wore it around his neck with a strap so it would dangle in front of him. An FAA inspector saw him, asked him where his badge was and when produced, was blessed with a ticket of some sort. Wasn't a fine so I guess some sort of warning.

Like I said before, it must be visable on your outer most garment above the waist. And unaltered. Some newbie inspector looking to make points with his boss could easily say a rubber band conveniently over the name portion of the badge is altering it. Not trying to nitpick, just stating what I've seen and think.
__________________
Yes, the rules and policies favor the airlines unfairly. I do not dispute that.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-24-2010, 09:41 AM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,195
Default

I cannot understand what the fear of people knowing your name is. I work with people with acquired brain injuries. It is common for them to have significant problems managing their anger and to mis-judge situations. It would not be unusual for a client to become angry at me, or a member of my staff, perhaps justified sometimes not. We always tell our clients our names. What difference does it make?

Have you guys ever been on hotel review sites? It is not at all uncommon for someone in a review to say, "the owner, Mr. Basil Fawlty, is a delight and couldn't do enough to help" or alternatively, "the owner, Ms. Laurine Woodson, must have picked up her hospitality training at Delta, as she was a nightmare". It is just opinion. Basil can come on and say thanks, and Ms. Woodson can come on say.. "this customer was rude, abrasive and nothing could please them".

In the end, what harm has been done. The most famous internet response to bad service is the United breaks guitars video. In that case, United had acted very badly and the name of the Customer Service Representative who had stonewalled the customer was named. When it was a giant corporation crushing a "little customer" United had no interest in putting right the wrong, and was arrogant and dismissive. When the customer hit back, and millions of people started paying attention to the case, United was tripping over itself to pay for the guitar. The internet offers some chance for the little guy to fight back against the power and arrogance of corporations and I say more power to them.

Quote:
I don't fancy posting my name here because cranky customers could use it; any lies could be told and I would have no defense
You do have a defence. Post a reply. Everyone has a right to reply. That is the nature of the freedom of the press. Do this right of anonimity apply to everyone? Could BP refuse to give the names of employees who have had a role in desecrating the Gulf? Freedom is messy.

If Ms. Woodson doesn't know her name is being "flung around the internet" then ignorance is bliss. If she does, she can reply. What is wrong with that?

Quote:
The problem with that is that, as much as they say this is an unbiased, independent, and objective website, it is not.
I don't think this website portrays itself as "unbiased". It is a consumer advocacy website. The site says:

Quote:
It is time we held airlines accountable for their mistakes. That's where AirlineComplaints.org comes in. We give you the opportunity to make your airline complaint public and force the companies to act or face public scrutiny.
I think that is pretty clear. The website is not unbiased.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-24-2010, 10:39 AM
justme justme is offline
Delta Employee
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
I don't think this website portrays itself as "unbiased".
Maybe they don't use the actual word unbiased, but objective is a synonym and they do use that word... from their mouth it says:

5) Is AirlineComplaints.org run by the airlines themselves?

No, they are run by us, who never have been or will be an employee of any airline. This ensures the complaint forums remain independent and objective and out of the control of the airlines and in the control of the customers - the way it should be.


On more than one occasion it has been proven that one who is criticizing an airline or an airline employee can get away with saying pretty much whatever they want, calling people names, using foul language, so on and so forth. But as soon as someone utters a single word in criticism towards a passenger, red flags go flying, warning emails get sent, and either temporary or permanent banning take place. Do not take what I am saying to mean that I think that it is ok for the airline employees on here to return the hate (that gets spewed at us constantly) in a malicious manner, nor do I think this is a place to come and voice complaints or war stories about passengers unprompted. But I do think that if the situation warrants an employee telling someone to get a grip, that it shouldn't result in sanctions against the "offender". There are countless "complaints" on here that have absolutely NO credible basis for complaint. People mad at the airline because a tornado delayed their flight, mad because we charge them money for a bag that weighs 150lbs, mad because we didn't serve them steak and potatoes when they paid $98 for their ticket. (I know service isn't what it used to be 20 or 30 years ago, but that's what passengers get when they demand tickets for under $100) Give me a break, and take your whining somewhere else. Save the forum for actual complaints that need to be heard and resolved.
__________________
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here.
- Mitch Hedberg
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-24-2010, 11:43 AM
The_Judge The_Judge is offline
Former Airline Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,108
Default

Mr. Worcs.......if that's your real name.......it's not the fact that someone's last name is posted here, it's the fact that it was posted without their permission and they have no knowledge of it and no way to defend themselves.

You have to agree that there are some crazies walking around this planet. If a customer knows your last name, it is not so hard to find where they live, work (which they already know) if you have a family and if they are persistant can certainly find out alot more. I'd rather this be my choice to post my last name on an internet site. Not a disgruntled passenger's choice.
__________________
Yes, the rules and policies favor the airlines unfairly. I do not dispute that.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,195
Default

Judge...
(If you are real judge. I assume you are a retired judge, but who knows with this pesky internet).

The whole point of us having names is so that we can identify each other. I know, lets all just get numbers. So 12345, that bitch 74353 was really nasty. I have a good mind to report her to 84934. If I ever see 74353 again, I will give her a piece of my mind. and If she is not careful I will set 98377 on her.

If Ms. Woodson has a defence, let her post it on here. Make no mistake, this complaint wasn't about policy per se. It was about attitude. She has a perfect right to come on here and defend herself; or she can leave it stand because she knows perfectly well that she copped an attitude on that day...in contrast to her colleague, who clearly hadn't been with Delta long enough to learn the "delta way".
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Butch Cassidy Slept Here Butch Cassidy Slept Here is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nearest Airports: COD, BIL, WRL
Posts: 577
Default And the winning number is...

Jimworcs wrote:

I know, lets all just get numbers.

I brought up this idea some time ago as one answer to complaints about employee behavior. A number responds to Just Me's rightly stated concerns about the crazies in this world. Only airline management would be able to match an actual name to a given number. Still, some airline employees/sympathizers on here (I honestly can't remember who) have stated that even making employees display numbers amounts to some kind of endangerment to the employee. This kind of thinking makes no sense whatsoever and makes me wonder if these same people are closet (or actual) customer bashers.

In any case it's encouraging to see that Delta is, at least, willing to pay lip service to the idea that some kind of identification--even "Sam J."--should be visible to the customer.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:47 AM
The_Judge The_Judge is offline
Former Airline Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,108
Default

Numbers are fine. They can easily identify the employee to the company yet keeping the anonymous to the public. I like your idea.

Also, you keep mentioning that the employee can just come here and defend herself. I believe that if this is the reasoning used, this site should make every effort to contact that employee so that she can do just that.

Her name is being used here with no defense. Her personal information that she did not give permission to be used in a public forum and has no way to know about it. I think it should fall on the site it's used on to let her know that she has a complaint made against her and would she like to respond. I think that is fair, don't you??
__________________
Yes, the rules and policies favor the airlines unfairly. I do not dispute that.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unprofessional Customer Service Managers who are very rude and have no brains stag Customer Service 1 03-13-2010 02:09 AM
Rude Service sharont81 Customer Service 3 06-27-2009 09:16 AM
Rude Counter Service in Orlando George Elliot Customer Service 0 01-27-2009 05:45 PM
7 weeks no bag and RUDE SERVICE Slspinks Baggage Problems 13 12-11-2008 01:41 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Free Mobile Dating | Yup.mobi
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

counter free hit unique web
visitors