Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > AirlineComplaints.org > Tips
Register About Us FAQ Tips Airline Contacts Links Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tips Tips for flying and complaining to airlines.

Free Dating Site

Old 05-01-2010, 11:59 PM

Angry Delta's refusal to check-in

I was booked on a Delta flight from Minneapolis to Bangalore / India via Paris / France. I left early from my home, yet accidents on the road delayed my trip. I arrived at the airport 1 hour 20 minutes prior to departure. The Delta check-in staff refused to check me in with the argument that that passengers MUST be at the check-in 2.5 hours prior to departure. The airport was not crowded and the lines at the security unusually short. When I tried to rebook my flight I was asked to pay double the amount of the actual price which I refused. In cancelled the entire trip and informed our business partners about this stupid and annoying handling.

This is not the first incidence that I have had with Delta and I would like to suggest to consider other airlines. WE ARE DELTA'S CUSTOMERS and for the huge amount of money we pay for overseas flights we DESERVE TO BE TREATED FAIRLY. Things like unexpected accidents on the roads do happen, and nobody wants to be on the airport 3 - 4 hours before departure of a flight just to be safe. FAIR PLAY AND HUMAN TREATMENT - not only in sports, also when dealing with your passengers, Delta!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:48 AM

Sooner or later people will learn. Delta seek to exploit any misfortune for their own profit.. .the only solution is never fly with them. They are arrogant, anti-competitive and anti-customer. If you have a choice (which they work hard to try and prevent), there is no good reason for flying with them.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:12 PM

Delta is extremely difficult to deal with. Do not use them. There website does not operate properly and charged my account three times for tickets that were never confirmed. I could not get them to release the funds in my account. I called them every day, was passed around from department to department and every single person told me there was nothing they could do. They lied about sending faxes to my bank and all over their website. It was a very difficult situation for many days and I am still trying to get this issue resolved. What a nightmare Delta is. I will never use them for personal travel or book any business travel. They just lost all my office business. Never.

Last edited by StephyK; 05-12-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:02 PM

Delta are utterly unbelieveable...and read this...

http://consumerist.com/2010/05/delta...ntire-dog.html

$200 refund in VOUCHERS of the fare paid for the dog was all they offered. They are utterly beyond contempt. I cannot believe how low this corrupt monopoly has become. They are beyond hope. Sooner or later these monoliths need to be exposed to normal competition, and preferably broken up.