COMPLAINT: Delta is worse than ever

Old Oct 23, 2011, 7:05 PM
Join Date: Oct 2011

I arrived at ATL following a flight from DCA. I waited over an hour and a half for my luggage which never came. I was told that the bags (2) had arrived with the flight and would be up shortly. They never came. Delta personnel, who were very rude, finally told me that my bags were indeed in the Atlanta airport but they had no idea where. I asked for a supervisor (Red Coat). When she arrived she ever even had enough respect to stop and talk to me but kept walking by and threw the words “I am aware” over her shoulder at me. At that point I filed a lost luggage report with Delta and went home. Later that day I contacted Delta’s automated luggage service and was told that the bags would be delivered by currier the next day. 24 hours later, I still had not received my luggage so I called Delta again at which time I was told that my luggage is being shipped to my home via FEDEX and that they had no idea when it would arrive. I was given a FEDEX tracking number and told that Delta no longer had any jurisdiction in the matter. This is horrific service and Delta should be accountable for it.

Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:25 PM
Ombudsman Ombudsman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2011

Actually you're probably better off that Delta turned the bags over to FedEx as they are much more reliable than most delivery/courier services the airliness typically contract with to deliver baggage. Once I had a late bag delivered to my hotel and just happened to be in the lobby when it arrived. The driver reeked of cigarette smoke as did my bag. It was obvious he had been smoking in the vehicle and I'm sure all of the bags smelled of smoke like mine. I advised Southwest about the situation but I'm sure they did nothing about it.
Contributing editor to one of the largest travel blogs on the internet.

MALAYSIA Airlines - The worse I have ever traveled with Nils Carlson Other Airline Complaints 8 Oct 8, 2009 2:37 AM
Customer Service AirTran has the WORSE Customer Service!!! stephanderson Customer Service 7 Aug 5, 2009 7:12 AM
Customer Service Can They Be Worse in ANY Aspect?? unhappy-with-united United Airlines Complaints 3 Jun 6, 2009 2:55 AM
Baggage Problems Spirit is the worse Airline gig77 Spirit Airlines Complaints 2 Feb 25, 2009 4:26 PM
Baggage Problems luggage delay Spirit is the worse airline gig77 American Airlines Complaints 1 Feb 25, 2009 12:37 AM

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.